Need Help! Can't See Selection Window Boundary

Thread: Can't See Selection Window Boundary

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Can't See Selection Window Boundary

Howdy,

I have been using BobCAD ver. 24 for several years. I just upgraded to V29 and I'm running it on a new HP Omen laptop running Win10 Home (64 bit).

I'm finding my way around the new stuff - but the one thing I can't figure out is not being able to see my selection window box. When I use the select tool and left click and then drag - I can't see the expanding window. The geometry does select (turns red). But, I can't tell exactly what is being selected (because I can't see the box around the transparent window). I've searched the forum for this, but I'm not getting any relevant hits.

Anyone have any ideas how to enlighten me (and my selection box)??? It's got to be a graphics issue.

Oh, yes, I've updated my graphics card driver (3 times).

Thanks for the help.

R/ Todd

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone have any ideas how to enlighten me (and my selection box)??? It's got to be a graphics issue.

Thanks for the help.
    If its any consolation my super duper graphids work station with win10 does that sometimes, I can barely see the pick window as it flickers. Now on my 10 year old win7 laptop with on board graphics, the window is stable as a Quaker.

R/ Todd[/QUOTE]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Can't See Selection Window Boundary

Quote Originally Posted by TAProwler View Post
    Howdy,

I have been using BobCAD ver. 24 for several years. I just upgraded to V29 and I'm running it on a new HP Omen laptop running Win10 Home (64 bit).

I'm finding my way around the new stuff - but the one thing I can't figure out is not being able to see my selection window box. When I use the select tool and left click and then drag - I can't see the expanding window. The geometry does select (turns red). But, I can't tell exactly what is being selected (because I can't see the box around the transparent window). I've searched the forum for this, but I'm not getting any relevant hits.

Thanks for the help.

R/ Todd
    TA: I had the same problem. I am a new V30 BobCam user and Bobcad support told me a couple weeks ago that it was a known bug with Windows 10 users.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Lakeside,

Thanks.

So, is this something that has affected all the versions of BCC running on Win 10?

Is there a fix?

Is your version working OK now?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

My 2 cents worth.

These symptoms only appeared on my PC which is Win 7 Pro with BobCAD V29 and V30, no issues at all with V28, solid
    I recently downloaded the latest V31 Demo and so far no such issues with graphics on the same Win 7 Pro PC so it would appear to be a V29/V30 problem, cant speak for Win 10 which I have avoided like the plague so far, just heard too many bad reports, maybe I`ll wait for the next proper stable version of Windows

Regards
    Rob