Need Help! Boring simulation - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boring simulation

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Boring simulation

Quote Originally Posted by L98FIERO View Post
    There are videos on how to create mill tools inside Bobcad but I've seen nothing for lathe tooling.
    Its all right here....

Boring simulation-help-system-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boring simulation-help-system-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, I got there too, I just saw the .3dm extension and thought you imported the solid

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry folks, been away for a couple of days, back at the PC again!!

Well, no luck here, I got the V30 download and tried to make a Custom Lathe Boring Bar, no joy at all, I can draw it etc and load to the Tool Library but when I try to use it in a job V30 just crashes so no chance of me getting anywhere with this. Looks to be well and truly broken
    L98FIERO your workaround of physically checking that the tool will fit in the job seems to be the only option for now which is pretty bad if that is the case!!

What I have noted is that there seems to be no way to actually create a boring bar anyway as it needs to be round and as far as I can tell only 2D shapes can be used to create a custom tool holder and that means only square/rectangular tool holders can be created, this seems to be especially daft considering that in the Adapters folder the Boring Bar Holder has a round hole in it, sorry, baffled on this one I`m afraid unless I am missing something very basic, hope someone else has better luck with V30, it doesn`t want to work for me !!

Here is an image of what I reckon the tool should be something like, this was done in BobCAD V28 which works fine for me but no Lathe on it

Regards
    Rob

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boring simulation-boring-bar-jpg   Boring simulation-boring-bar-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I tried that too but there's no way to import a solid, from what I can see. Wouldn't it make at least some sense to use the mill tool to make the boring bar, at least that way you'd be half way there already and just need to remove material for the top of the tool.That said, the lathe module is getting better, at least now it gives reasonable cycle times, V28 used to think f/rev was "/m so that part would have shown something silly like 3 hours cycle time.

Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12