scanning a drawing

Thread: scanning a drawing

Downloads
    Uploads

Default scanning a drawing

is there a way to scan a drawing and then get it into the bobcad program, a simple way that a non expert and newbie like myself can do ? thanks Kenneth

Similar Threads:
    thanks Kenneth
    www.lambertsrc.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Without the help of other software (raster to vector) the only thing, I believe, you can do is paste the scanned image onto a drawing as an object...using "sketch points" you can approximate the arcs and lines...but there might be another way...anyone?

Jen

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

http://wintopo.com/ has free rtov sw. I doubt you'll like the results though. There are very few programs that do a good job of this and they are very expensive. I've used many of them and always end up doing major clean-up. I've had good luck with some in that they 'trace' quite well, but the output consists of very short line segments. For most graphics, I just trace using 3 point arcs and lines in SolidWorks. It is the simplest way from me to get the result I want. I've been looking at programs for 6+ years now and haven't found the one solution which would ive me the exact result I'm looking for. I actually use about five different programs for this. Each has its strengths and weak points.
    You could hook me up with a copy of what you are trying to convert. I may be able to help.

dherbman@hotmail.com

Last edited by dherbman; 03-04-2004 at 11:40 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

ok I think I got it to go thru this time it is a drawing ,one of them I will want to be making .It will be three different peices when all said and done thanks Kenneth

thanks Kenneth
    www.lambertsrc.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool not bad app

I use an application called ZonerDraw. The image is scanned in to eps format, then exported to a dxf file. I mainly use this for engraving of logos and art (custom crap).

This is a screen shot of a BobCAD file that I scanned off a sticker. The engraving process turned out great.

Thanks,
    Kenny

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scanning a drawing-pow-jpg  
    "Plan your work; Work your plan"

Downloads
    Uploads

You can also use CorelDraw to scan, then convert the image to a Dxf and then import into BobCad.

Klox

*** KloX ***
    I'm lazy, I'm only "sparking" when the EDM is running....