Problem Clearing Tool Libary of default Tools ?

Thread: Clearing Tool Libary of default Tools ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Clearing Tool Libary of default Tools ?

Is there an easy way of removing all the default tools from the tool library. I don't feel like manually deleting them all one at a time before importing the tools I have available (all metric).

Also can I have a Tool table for different machines that don't interfere with each other's tooling ? I will be getting a 2nd machine that will have a completely different set of available tooling and don't want them mixed up.

One other nice to have would if the tool library could be common across multiple licenses on a network, at the minute anything done on our first machine has to be duplicated on the second by hand and its a pain.

Shaun

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Clearing Tool Libary of default Tools ?

Quote Originally Posted by shaunwil View Post
    Is there an easy way of removing all the default tools from the tool library. I don't feel like manually deleting them all one at a time before importing the tools I have available (all metric).

Also can I have a Tool table for different machines that don't interfere with each other's tooling ? I will be getting a 2nd machine that will have a completely different set of available tooling and don't want them mixed up.

One other nice to have would if the tool library could be common across multiple licenses on a network, at the minute anything done on our first machine has to be duplicated on the second by hand and its a pain.

Shaun
    Sorry, I haven`t found a quick/easy way of clearing out the default tools, I have to as I work also only in Metric so none of the default (Inches) tools are of any use to me, a real pain, I have been asking for several years now for BobCAD to come with either no tools at all or a choice of Inches or Metric Tool Library

You can set up individual Tool Cribs for each machine so when you start a new job in BC you can select a specific Tool Crib at the start and then when you create features the only tooling available will be from the Crib you selected

You can "Copy and Paste" the Tool Library file across to another PC, so if you are on a Network you should be able to do it from the main location.
    Don`t know what you have in the way of IT people but it may be possible to access a single (Main PC) Tool Library from other stations but I couldn`t tell you how to do it, worth asking your IT people ?

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Downloads
    Uploads

The quickest way I have found is to click on a tool you want to delete, then on the keyboard hit the enter key 3 times, space bar once, and enter once more. The enter key will cycle through the buttons, while space activates them. And if clearing out a entire library, you just keep the mouse cursor over the very top tool in the list.

Work: Hurco VMX42/VMX50 - Shopsabre 4896 - HSMworks with Solidworks
    Home: RF45 with Ajax CNC Controller - Fusion 360

Downloads
    Uploads

Cheers,

I'll save my self the mtool file once in an empty state too, then at least I can just overwrite the original file with the blank on in the future too.

Our IT people are a complete pain (large corporation mentallity). They can't even let Bobcad support see my machine easily in turbo meeting ! Would be nice to be like my CAD (solidedge) where info files can be pointed to on a network unlike only having one default location.

Shaun

Downloads
    Uploads

Well after a bit of time I've deleted them all.

I've attached the tool file zipped up for anybody in the future. It has no tools in it at all.

Shaun

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

If I recall, the last time I had to do this I just deleted ToolFile.mtools from the Technology folder while BobCAD was closed (made a copy of it when I installed). It will simply rebuild itself again when you restart BCC but it will be blank.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SBC Cycle View Post
    If I recall, the last time I had to do this I just deleted ToolFile.mtools from the Technology folder while BobCAD was closed (made a copy of it when I installed). It will simply rebuild itself again when you restart BCC but it will be blank.
    Nice one SBC, works like a charm, wish I had thought of that years ago

Thanks again for your wisdom, that`s worth at least a couple of beers

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Last edited by The Engine Guy; 04-24-2016 at 09:49 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    Nice one SBC, works like a charm, wish I had thought of that years ago

Thanks again for your wisdom, that`s worth at least a couple of beers

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: rainfro: :rainfro:
    Pshh, you know how many times you gave me a 2 second solution to something that I turned into hours of workarounds? But cheers anyway, glad to return it!

I'm sure I learned that from someone else but I don't recall at the moment.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guys,

Another problem on the similar subject. I originally setup my new tool library and saved it away as a tool crib file. I've got all my tooling now and need to tweak overall lengths to match. They are going on a 5 axis machine so the simulation is quite important !

The tool library is empty now and all I use is the tool crib, unfortunately I can't find a way of modding the tool info or exporting the tool crib back into the tool library.

Is there any easy way to do this or do I need to re-enter all the tools in the tool crib again in the library ?

Cheers

Shaun

Downloads
    Uploads

If you are using a tool more than once (in multiple features) it's pretty easy to adjust the "Protrusion Length" (and by extension the overall length) to the correct value. Just open up a feature that uses the tool and change the Protrusion Length value. When you hit "Next" or "Finish" it will prompt you to change the parameters for all operations that use the same tool.

If you are only using that tool once the behavior can be a bit bizzare (V27 here). Changing the Protrusion Length will create an exact copy of your current tool but the tool number will be different - along with the new length. The "new" tool will have the correct overall length but the tool number will need to be overridden and the "old" tool deleted or removed from the crib.

What I like to do is save this new tool crib with a date. My tools don't move so when I change one out at the machine I note it in a notebook. Every time I load a tool crib I consult the machine's notebook to see if I need to update any of the tools.

For what it's worth, I DO maintain the tool library then create custom tool cribs from that. It's way too easy to open a blank file, import a tool crib, add a new tool from your library to it, then save it right back out again. Custom tools created in custom tool cribs are not easily accessible outside of the files that use them.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clearing Tool Libary of default Tools ?-bcc_v27-tool-parameters-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Cheers.

The oddest thing is with the tool library empty when I open the tool crib there is still nothing in the tool library.
    I bit the bullet and re-entered the tools into the tool library at the correct length, at least I can then adjust them.

I'm hoping never to change tools in the machine, I have space for 30 tools which is more than I need (up to 20 now). Its a Bridgeport 5AX 400.

The aim is to not have to setup the machine, use a common datum, with common tooling. Bung billet in and machine !
    Lots of work to do, but I want to make it as simple as possible.

Still loads to do mind ! Never used Heidenhain control, more than 3 axis milling, and 5 axis bobcad !

Shaun

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by shaunwil View Post
    Cheers.

The oddest thing is with the tool library empty when I open the tool crib there is still nothing in the tool library.
    I bit the bullet and re-entered the tools into the tool library at the correct length, at least I can then adjust them.

I'm hoping never to change tools in the machine, I have space for 30 tools which is more than I need (up to 20 now). Its a Bridgeport 5AX 400.

The aim is to not have to setup the machine, use a common datum, with common tooling. Bung billet in and machine !
    Lots of work to do, but I want to make it as simple as possible.

Still loads to do mind ! Never used Heidenhain control, more than 3 axis milling, and 5 axis bobcad !

Shaun

This may seem like a silly question, but, how do you clear out the special tools you have put in you're library? I can not seem to delete them?

John.