Need Help! failed in planer surface

Thread: failed in planer surface

Downloads
    Uploads

Default failed in planer surface

I get error message "failed in planer surface " when I try to make a plane to extrude on a enclosed line drawing . I can start a new drawing and just draw a simple rectangle and tell it to make a plane and it does it just fine. On my drawing are there lines not connecting correctly to curves? I've gone through all of the Reorganize, erase doubles, make arcs tangential, cleanup and optimize commands and it's still not wanting to work. So how do I fix my drawing? Heres a pic of it. thanks, rj

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by rjmorel; 03-23-2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: add pic

Downloads
    Uploads

Upload your file

Downloads
    Uploads

sorry ,trying too, but I'm not able to with copy from window explorer and paste into here. How do you do it???? rj

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You'll need to compress it into a .zip file, and attach it to your post. I use 7-zip for compression. It's free, and works pretty well.

Luke

Last edited by Trotline; 03-23-2013 at 11:10 PM. Reason: spelling
    "All I'm trying to find out is the fellow's name on first base" -- Lou Costello

Downloads
    Uploads

Got it into .zip file so how do I attach it to here. Thanks, for your patience .I think my machining skills are better then my computer skills ,rj

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

When you're replying in the "Quick Reply" edit box, down below, there's an option in the lower left corner to "Go Advanced". When you click on that, it brings up more options. The "Attachmants" button is top center. Looks like a paper clip. Clicking that brings up a "Manage Attachments" window, and clicking the "Add Files" button in the upper left of that window will let you add a file from your computer to the post. It's byzantine, but you get used to it..

Luke

Downloads
    Uploads

OK ,here goes V25

handle zip.ziphandle zip.zip

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

When I opened the drawing, I used Chain Select, (Holding <Shift> as I clicked on the lines and arcs). That selects all of a chain that isn't broken. It only got bits and pieces of the drawing, so I went looking at the ends of the selected bits. I found breaks at the places I put in arrows. You can use <Line Join> for most of them, but you'll need to use <Break Many> on the top one. I made a quick video and I'll add it to this post when it gets uploaded to Youtube in 30 minutes. (Damn DSL..)

failed in planer surface-handle-jpg

Luke

Last edited by Trotline; 03-24-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Added video link

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow , Thanks Trotline, I never would of figured this out on my own. I am taking the 3 day BC class first week in April an think it will help me with stuff like this. I've learned alot over the past few months by trial and error but am clueless as to these kind of problems. rj