AndyBuch

Thread: AndyBuch

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default AndyBuch

AndyBuch,

Didn't get a chance to respond to your message. Thread closed etc. Also have been fairly busy with work lately and haven't had much time to spend forumming...

As far as Bobcad is concerned, i can understand why people are unhappy.

Bottom line is you get what you pay for!!!

If you puts all your eggs solely in BobCads basket i believe you most likely are going to get upset! This may be why many people are getting upset and frustrated?!?!

I purchased BobCad to do 2D wireframe, i have no intention of using it for 3D. This in mind, i got what i have paid for!

My customers like to see their product/ s surfaced, rendered etc, bells and whistles! This has more appeal because not all are toolmakers etc, whom can fathom wireframe, nor me spending countless hours explaining this to them. In this regard, BobCad is not my preference so i use other packages more suitable!

My dealings with Bobcad however, via the AUssie distributor have been good. My questions have been answered and i believe Bobcad is doing all they can to make the best of their software. It is certainly in their interest to do so, otherwise they won't be in business...

Kind Regards,

BPT

EINTNL

Last edited by BPT; 08-15-2003 at 10:09 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

BPT, I got my issues with BobCAD taken care of with the help of CNCdude.

I'll leave it at that....

Andy

Andy Buchholz
    www.easternshoresigns.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

AB,

No worries mate.

- - - - - - -

A little history. When i was an apprentice toolmaker some 12-13 years ago now, we used a wireframe package called AusCAD-CAM.

AusCAD today however is known as OneCNC!

Back then we made AusCAD work. Many tricky calculations as with some tedious drawing of toolpaths. In many instances it was quicker to program via the controller than to draw the toolpaths. We came across some complex paths etc, where we had to contract this out due to software limitations, but generally for what we had available we built some interesting tooling.

BobCAD today being a departed link of OneCNC!

Software wise, BobCAD's V17-18 etc is similarly identical to AusCAD some 12-13 years ago.

Not hanging SH** on anybody but i believe BobCAD is a little out of date hey!

Cheers,

BPT

Last edited by BPT; 08-15-2003 at 10:46 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb The wrong forum

Dear BPT,
    It seems that you have reached the wrong forum here. The Auscad forum is located in another directory. The BobCAD affiliates in Australia are booming and doing very well. And as you mentioned, yes, they are very professional at what they do. So many shops purchase and use the BobCAD-CAM software because it works. The price is an added benefit for the manufacturer. We intend on keeping it that way while still dumping thousands and thousands of dollars into development. Now ask yourself...How is that possible? Good question eh?? It's because we sell a very high volume of software. How's that?? It works. If in fact you ever have trouble learning the software for your applications, I would hope that you would contact me for assistance.
    Sincerely,
    CNC DUDE

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

As i mentioned above, have been using it for 12-13 years now, maybe i should be the one teaching you!!!

BPT

Last edited by Rekd; 08-20-2003 at 09:13 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your pouring thousands and thousands of dollars into development.

Really the software hasn't changed much in 12-13 years don't you think!!!

I spose its not in DOS anymore...

BPT

Last edited by BPT; 08-19-2003 at 05:10 AM.