Problem My End Mills Keeps Breaking

Thread: My End Mills Keeps Breaking

Downloads
    Uploads

Question My End Mills Keeps Breaking

Hi everybody,
    So i have 3 Blue Elephant 6090 Router machines and i have been working with those machines for 2 years.
    My machines got 2.2 KW spindle and 600x900 (mm) grid and im using air cooling for the parts and water cooling for the spindles.

A new problem comes up.

I have made some GCodes for aluminum 6061 milling and its work fine until some point that it doesnt.
    I have a few part that im working on for the past 3 days, after 6 parts or so, the machines was working fine and the end mills keeps running great, and suddenly they start breaking.
    I didnt changed anything, same end mills, same feeds and speeds, same machines.

What could cause this problem?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: My End Mills Keeps Breaking

Hi,
    does the broken endmills show Built-up-Edge (BUE), that is to say aluminum stuck in the flutes?

Aluminum is 'sticky' and prone to BUE, and this is especially so if the chips are not cleared from the cutzone and are recut.
    Many people use a continuous air-blast, either with oil mist or without, to blow the chips out of the cutzone. I use flood cooling, and it does cool but really
    its all about removing the chips so they don't get recut.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    thank you for your reaply.

Actually no, there is no any aluminum that stuck on the edges.
    im using 1 flute end mills for that kind of milling, the remove the chips perfectly.
    I also have a vacuum cleaner on the spindle with a costant air blast down ther.

Haven't cut aluminum, but I had issues using tiny end mills on wood when the toolpath wasn't smooth, and then when some of the rollers needed adjustment.

I'm thinking in your case there could be some issue that's causing the end mill to move in a jagged fashion and take a bigger bite than it can handle. Check all things moving for any play - guides, motion components... could even be some interference that's causing your motors to skip steps / overstep, etc.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear*Blue*Elephant*Customer,
    Have a nice day! This is BLUE ELEPHANT CNC MACHINERY CO., LTD.
    We are very sorry that there is a problem with your machine. In order for our after-sales engineers to know about your machine configuration as soon as possible to solve your machine problems, please help to provide your machine pictures, S/N number, or the sale name who contact you. After you provide the above information, our professional after-sales team will contact you immediately.
    Please give us your contact information such as whatsapp or email adress. Or you can contact us by sending email to manager@elephant-cnc.com.
    Any reply will be highly appreciated.
    Sincerely,
    BLUE ELEPHANT

E-mail: manager@elephant-cnc.com Web: www.elephant-cnc.com
    --------------Jinan Blue Elephant CNC Machinery Co., Ltd-------------