Biesse Rover 20 Startup button won't light up

Thread: Biesse Rover 20 Startup button won't light up

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Biesse Rover 20 Startup button won't light up

I operate a Biesse Rover 20 using the NC500 software, with a Unidrive UNI2402 controller. Recently the machine was running totally fine and normally, but randomly stopped working while I stepped away on a 15 minute break. I've reset it and checked all of my emergency buttons and ensured there is proper air pressure, but the green button on my control panel refuses to light up.

None of the breakers in the back of the electrical cabinet have been tripped, the working-area stop sensors are all lit up and I can turn on the vacuum pump using the switch on the control panel, but nothing else is activating. As such, I can't get the machine to automatically zero itself on the axes.

An electrician came and checked out the electrical cabinet and apparently everything reads as it should, so it would seem there's some sort of internal/control issue.

If anyone is able to shed some light on what possible causes might be preventing the machine from starting up it would be much appreciated. I'm fairly new to this machine and have had minimal training on it, so troubleshooting has been a task in and of itself so far.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Biesse Rover 20 Startup button won't light up

Maybe a complete power down and a cold boot would be helpful?

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    Maybe a complete power down and a cold boot would be helpful?
    I've done a complete shut down and restart of the machine, right down to the main power shutoff breaker to no avail. When I open the NC500 it's giving me the error codes PLC_9001 Thermic Relays KO and ECN_3-Press Stop + Reset. Both of those codes commonly come up when I've used the machine prior, usually they just clear off and when that's done an auto zeroing is possible, but it's not clearing off the PLC_9001 anymore. Occasionally I get the "PLC_9007 Reset Slot necessary because Slots are down" which I was able to clear off after gently pushing the router head up into resting position, but that's not working anymore either. Could that be an issue of the limit switch being stuck down for the Z-axis? When resetting the machine, all axes read at 0 regardless of where the head is in relation to the origin and any manual movement (literally pushing the head) registers in NC500 in relation to where the head started at instead of where the actual "0" values are located.

Hopefully these descriptions are concise enough, I'm very new to this.

Edit: the router head doesn't usually like to move up into position on its own, that's why I've been having to push it up by hand. Sometimes during a tool change it will rise back up all the way, but usually it jams in the lowered position and needs a little help. When I pushed it back up it would sort of bounce in place for a second before settling in a raised position, then everything would be able to work normally afterward. Now the router isn't coming back up at all, even when manually assisted.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm hoping a Biesse expert will chime in here. I can offer general troubleshooting advice. Limit switches could be a problem. Sometimes it's helpful to unplug and replug cables and computer cards. Just be careful when you do this. This really sounds like a a dirty connection somewhere.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

I went ahead and unplugged all of the larger connections and blew them out with compressed air and tightened the screws mounting the start button to the control board, but still no light. At one point it seemed like it blinked quickly and made a clicking sound, though, which unless I imagined it, hopefully that means progress.