Biesse Rover S 1536 FT experience

Thread: Biesse Rover S 1536 FT experience

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Biesse Rover S 1536 FT experience

I’m in the process of rebuilding my factory after it was destroyed in hurricane Harvey. I’m to the point I need to make a CNC router purchase decision. I have found a fair deal on a Biesse Rover S 1536 FT with a 17.7 HP Electrospindle with HSK F63 Coupling. We do 90% solid wood parts so the 17.7 HP spindle is a plus. Does anybody have any experience with this machine?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Biesse Rover S 1536 FT experience

Have a Rover S 2243 FT with 17hp spindle, 12 toolchanger and 10 drillblock, 3 busche pumps and mister/lubricator and it has been flawless constantly routing/boring mdf, acrylic, polycarb, alucobond, sheets and plates of aluminium, brass and solid wood. I come from a signage background so use it with EnRoute sending .cix files very efficiently. Although we have and occasionally use Biesse's bSolid ... BiesseWorks, they are too cumbersome to program files for signage. If you're cutting cabinets, parametric stuff, geometric shapes, furniture type stuff you'll love bSolid. You mention solid wood, that usually means you would want pod and rail? FT denotes a nesting machine as far as I'm aware. As far as the machine stacks up, I can't speak highly enough. I wouldn't consider another machine after using it for past 3 years. There's nothing to warn you about or any concerns other than the software, but if you come from a furniture background you'll feel right at home in it - signage, not too much. I don't frequent these boards much, just passing through so may be a while to get back if you have any other questions.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by astro8 View Post
    Have a Rover S 2243 FT with 17hp spindle, 12 toolchanger and 10 drillblock, 3 busche pumps and mister/lubricator and it has been flawless constantly routing/boring mdf, acrylic, polycarb, alucobond, sheets and plates of aluminium, brass and solid wood. I come from a signage background so use it with EnRoute sending .cix files very efficiently. Although we have and occasionally use Biesse's bSolid ... BiesseWorks, they are too cumbersome to program files for signage. If you're cutting cabinets, parametric stuff, geometric shapes, furniture type stuff you'll love bSolid. You mention solid wood, that usually means you would want pod and rail? FT denotes a nesting machine as far as I'm aware. As far as the machine stacks up, I can't speak highly enough. I wouldn't consider another machine after using it for past 3 years. There's nothing to warn you about or any concerns other than the software, but if you come from a furniture background you'll feel right at home in it - signage, not too much. I don't frequent these boards much, just passing through so may be a while to get back if you have any other questions.
    Thank you so much for your input. My first CNC router was a KOMO back in the early early 90s. It was a flat table machine “pod and rail” we’re just coming into fashion. This machine will accommodate pods so I’m not overly concerned especially since I learned to jig solid wood fixtures using a CNC flat table.
    This machine has the collar for aggregate tooling, 2 vacuum pumps, and comes with a full suite of software. We just purchased Cabinet vision for our drafting and cut lists and from what I understand Biesse Bsolid works well with Cabinet Vision.
    I’m getting a very reasonable price on this machine because it does not have drill blocks. We do very little panel work and I could get a dedicated machine for that down the road if we do.
    In addition to the value and quality, I really just like the people at Biesse.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, you will be using Cabinetvision the way I use EnRoute so the process will be very efficient.. Don’t get me wrong, BSolid is an amazing software, you can run your files through and get a perfect 3D simulation in real time on your exact spec machine to check for any problems, collision detection etc while you are getting confident using the machine.
    Biesse free phone support is a big plus too but the truth is, I’ve never used it. I’ve never had any problems.