Punch emboss

Thread: Punch emboss

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Punch emboss

We have an emboss process which demands making a hole (7.25 mm) first and embossing in a second operation with an Amada Vipros 2510C turret punch.

Since this is the first time we do it we bought an "A" type for the first operation and a "B" type (which was necessary) for the second operation, but in our case this demands the striker to be moved between the inner track and the outer track of tools.

We received the test sample from Wilson and the tools perform well when the two operations are concentric but in our case they are not perfectly aligned and the emboss is wrong.

My understanding is that we should move the first operation to the outer track (which is not right away possible because the tool does not have a keyway) so that the striker does not move, so that once the turret rotates both operations are perfectly aligned.

The other option that comes to my mind is that we should buy a new 7.25 mm round tool but in "B" size instead.

My question is: is my reasoning right ? Can anyone advise what is the best way to do this ?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Punch emboss

So, I will answer my own question. My reasoning was absolutely wrong. The striker does move from the inner to the outer track, but that in no way means it affects the turret alignment.

The problem was due to a bad tooling type configuration, the emboss operation must be configured properly as a forming tool.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Punch emboss

Quote Originally Posted by otrotabi View Post
    We have an emboss process which demands making a hole (7.25 mm) first and embossing in a second operation with an Amada Vipros 2510C turret punch.

Since this is the first time we do it we bought an "A" type for the first operation and a "B" type (which was necessary) for the second operation, but in our case this demands the striker to be moved between the inner track and the outer track of tools.

We received the test sample from Wilson and the tools perform well when the two operations are concentric but in our case they are not perfectly aligned and the emboss is wrong.

My understanding is that we should move the first operation to the outer track (which is not right away possible because the tool does not have a keyway) so that the striker does not move, so that once the turret rotates both operations are perfectly aligned.

The other option that comes to my mind is that we should buy a new 7.25 mm round tool but in "B" size instead.

My question is: is my reasoning right ? Can anyone advise what is the best way to do this ?
    it should not matter that you use inner and outer tracks since your strikers aligns itself. i punch with a 201round which is a a station and emboss with a b station and also use wilson tooling keep it a for the small hole and b for the emboss. is your machine clutch driven or is it hydraulic.