Amada Vipros 358 King II Return to Origin without using G50

Thread: Amada Vipros 358 King II Return to Origin without using G50

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Amada Vipros 358 King II Return to Origin without using G50

Hello,

I'm trying to make a CNC program for an Amada Vipros 358 King II with a Fanuc controller. The program will have 3 pauses in it for the operator to rotate or flip the part as needed.

The operator will start the program, the program will punch a notch, a radius, and a hole, then return to home and pause with M00.
    The operator will then rotate the part 180 degrees and resume the program. Program will punch some then return home and pause with M00.
    The operator will flip the part keeping the gripper edge the same. Program will punch some then return home and pause with M00.
    The operator will then rotate the part 180 degrees one last time. Program will punch some and then end with G50.

The problem I'm running into with this program is that I'm getting a 4702 OT+ in the Y-axis when I try to return the axes to the origin using G70 X78.74 Y50.75 (X78.74 Y50.75 is the same as our G92).

Anyone know what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Your machine turret is Triple track, it means there are three tool set in a row with the same index pin. 1xx tools are inner, 2xx are center and 3xx are outer track. So they have a Y axis offset with each other.
    You can use
    G70“machine home position” T 2xx

Or simply don’t use machine home position at G70 line. Subtract Y axis offset from Y value.
    Ex:
    G70 X1830. Y1200.
    M00

But in this case the X gauge block may not raise.

Mail me if the problem was not solved.
    Norin1373@yahoo.com
    Good luck

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: Amada Vipros 358 King II Return to Origin without using G50

Quote Originally Posted by norin1373 View Post
    Hi
    Your machine turret is Triple track, it means there are three tool set in a row with the same index pin. 1xx tools are inner, 2xx are center and 3xx are outer track. So they have a Y axis offset with each other.
    You can use
    G70“machine home position” T 2xx

Or simply don’t use machine home position at G70 line. Subtract Y axis offset from Y value.
    Ex:
    G70 X1830. Y1200.
    M00

But in this case the X gauge block may not raise.

Mail me if the problem was not solved.
    Norin1373@yahoo.com
    Good luck
    Thank you!

This makes perfect sense and it solved my issue.

I changed
    Code:
    G70 X78.74 Y50.75
    M00
    to
    Code:
    G70 X78.74 Y50.75 T229
    M00
    T229 was the next tool in the sequence, so it seemed a logical choice. The carriage returned to the home position and the operator was able to raise the x gauge block and reposition the sheet before resuming. We did a dry run first with punching off and then again with punching off just for the first stage, since we already had one part that had finished the first stage before triggering the OT+ error. We turned punching back on for the remainder of the program and it executed flawlessly.

Thanks again!