Need help to RESET TRUMPF Trupunch 3000 machine after replacing PLC Battery

Thread: Need help to RESET TRUMPF Trupunch 3000 machine after replacing PLC Battery

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help to RESET TRUMPF Trupunch 3000 machine after replacing PLC Battery

Dear all,
    I have a TRUMPF Trupunch 3000 machine since 2010. I have a problem every times the battery 12V DC inside the Cabinet of the machine is empty. After replace the new one I get always error PLC BATTERY IS FAIRLURE during starting the machine and it can not working anymore. On the operator panel it shows that I must call service's man to RESET the machine. I try to find how to reset the machine but I founded nothing. In such as case I must call Trumpf's service to solve this problem. After done, one Guy come and do some tasks very quick on Operator panel then the machine is ready for working again. I asked the Guy about the way to RESET this error, but he did not tell me. I think this problem can be very easy to solve every replacing PLC battery, but why service's guy don't show me. It make me really crazy every times I meet this problem.
    Can anyone, who know about the way can solve my problem please help me.

Thanks in advanced,

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help to RESET TRUMPF Trupunch 3000 machine after replacing PLC Battery

I don't know a lot about this, but I do know that with a lot of these batteries they need to be swapped out while the machine is on. They are like the CR32 battery on most computer motherboards. They maintain the ROM data needed to power up the computer. If you take the battery out when there is no power to the machine you loose whatever data was stored and you have to flash the bios. I know you can rehome and do a bunch of things to recover on a Mazac machine. Im sure you need to do similar on this one. I'm just not familiar with the details on the Trumpf Good luck all the same!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help to RESET TRUMPF Trupunch 3000 machine after replacing PLC Battery

Thank you for your message. I agree with you, but Trumpf Trupunch 3000 machine is not work like this way. It looks like complex to reset the machine after replacing PLC Battery. The operator can not do it, Trumpf Service's man can do it only.
    Of course if he teach you one time so you can solve this problem easy.