Hi All,

Battling my brake lately with inconsistent bends. It has become nearly unusable with the lack of repeatability.

Example, I set my job at material thickness of .125 and a bend angle of 5º (175º as it is up acting, but that is a different conversation), so for sake of example, I want 5º total bend. one out 10 times I may get 5º, sometimes its 2º, sometimes its, 10º, very rarely it may give me 10 consecutive 5º but you get my point. At times it will not even make contact with the material and I have to go in and manipulate the material thickness to something like .07 (still bending .125 material) so it will get back to the general degree I need. Sometimes in between recalibrating the depth, it will revert back to the proper depth of .125 and so on.

Last week I checked the fluid tub and it was filthy with particles, paint chips from the machine, some metal from the environment getting in there. I flushed the system about 10 times filtering the fluid each time, did a final flush with new fluid, 99% clean, then put in new fluid again. This resulted in 0 improvement. It may have even gotten worse.

I do not have any issue working on the machine, I'm just not sure where to begin at this point.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Greg