Need Help With Auto Index Stations!!

Thread: Need Help With Auto Index Stations!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need Help With Auto Index Stations!!

Hello there.

Im using an Amada Pega 357 and have to broken suto indexes. both turn dials on the bottom turret have both been broke off. im new to the machineing industry (kinda been doing it 3 years just not schooled) and im not to sure on how to fix them, if there is any help out there, could you please get in contact as soon as possible. thank you and have a great day.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need Help With Auto Index Stations!!-imag0173-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default yikes

Well, you're starting by jumping into the deep end of the pool. The shaft(s) that have broken are the worm shafts and its usually caused by the drive coupler being out of alignment. You'll need two new worm shafts with the associated bearings, auto index alignment tools and a pick tester to get the gear lash to less than .001". I'd suggest getting Amada or an experienced independent tech. I've been working on Amadas for 30 years and this is one of the most frustrating jobs on them, especially since its on the lower turret.
    Tom

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default holy!!

Thanks for posting a reply. I much apriciate it (yes I know, I can't spell :P ) but anyways I will have my company look into it, but this needs replacing for quite sometime and I am one of two machinists at my job, and the other guy has said "25 years" experience but yet hasn't got a clue about much. I do know a guy that can do this right, and knows of my problem, just I guess he dont look forward to doing that job either :P so I guess my only option is to book him and get him in as soon as possible. Thank you again for your help. As it was useful to me. Have a great day!!
    Keegan

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mister NCT View Post
    Well, you're starting by jumping into the deep end of the pool. The shaft(s) that have broken are the worm shafts and its usually caused by the drive coupler being out of alignment. You'll need two new worm shafts with the associated bearings, auto index alignment tools and a pick tester to get the gear lash to less than .001". I'd suggest getting Amada or an experienced independent tech. I've been working on Amadas for 30 years and this is one of the most frustrating jobs on them, especially since its on the lower turret.
    Tom

Hi mister nct

What is correct procedure to change the worm shaft and the brass gear that the worm shaft is turning?
    I have to do This on a Amada emz3610.

Thanks in advance.