Need Help! Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop

Thread: Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop

hello all. i need some help identifying my machine and finding who or where i can get parts. i bought this thing last year and have been using it with great sucess, but i am limited to things i can do because i need a tailstock and feed controls. this machine on the front only has the following information from top to bottom and is the only info on the machine any where.
    JR
    Propo
    JN280
    Serin no: 3054
    Feel the Difference
    i have done an internet search and i found a thread here from a guy looking to buy this exact machine and theadmin found a basic spec sheet for it but there is no other info folloing. here is the thread to it -it has very good pictures of the machine i have (mines better looking- minus the tailstock)
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=398796

hopefully you all can help me find the manufacture, parts, something. please this is driving me nuts. i havent been able to locate a tailstock since i bought it. the guy i got it from bought it new but does not have any papers on it, or any info that he is willing to give me. it has been an up hill battle finding cullets, carbides, vises, belts, etc. but now i cannot go any further in making bushings, bearings, cutting down long stock etc with out a tail stock.

help help
    thanks for your time
    tom card

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default JN-280 "Deluxe Multi-Purpose Machine"

Hi,

This machins was sold by Wholesale Tool Co. Inc. of Warren, MI.
    It was depicted in their 2008-2009 catalog on page 301 having Order No. 3014-0010 and selling then for $895.

I am thinking about getting this or a like machine but am concerned that support and parts could be an issue.

WWT's telephone # is 1-800-521-3420 for their warren location.

Let me know if they were able to help you. Good luck!

Grego51

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you still looking for info on the JN280.
    I have one.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am looking for info on this, I purchased one of these machines and it seems great so far. I would like to have the full set of change gears for it, It only came with 3, but according to the side cover it should have a few more. I am going to do some measuring and see if other brand change gears will fit it. I can find very little info on this machine.

Last edited by meanstreakpulle; 01-05-2013 at 12:45 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Here some info

Here is what i have

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0001-jpg   Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0002-jpg   Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0003-jpg   Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0004-jpg  

Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0005-jpg   Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0006-jpg   Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0007-jpg   Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0008-jpg  

Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0009-jpg   Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0010-jpg   Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0011-jpg   Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0012-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by meanstreakpulle View Post
    I am looking for info on this, I purchased one of these machines and it seems great so far. I would like to have the full set of change gears for it, It only came with, but according to the side cover it should have a few more. I am going to do some measuring and see if other brand change gears will fit it, because I can find very little info on this machine.
    This is the one?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0013-1-jpg   Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0014-jpg   Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0015-jpg   Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0016-jpg  

Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0017-jpg   Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0018-jpg   Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0019-1-jpg   Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0021-jpg  

Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0022-jpg   Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop-scan0020-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 5ms? View Post
    This is the one?
    It is definitely this one, I noticed in the first manual you posted it did not have power feed and the switches were in a slightly different location than mine, but this one is dead on. Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads

I also wondered if anyone else has had any trouble with the power feed. When I first set the machine up it would not work , and upon pulling the cover off I found a pin was missing from the linkage that engaged the dog clutch. Now that I have it engaging, it will feed for a moment and then pop out and make a grinding until I stop it. It seems like the detent is not holding it firmly engaged , but I have not taken that apart yet to see the condition or lack of a detent to hold it engaged.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Propo JR JN280 lathe-mill benchtop

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS INFORMATION. To Many the Internet is a Marketing Tool ....... It's Original use was intended as a Research Tool to share information.
    Thanks again, reply posted 2023 !