Need Help! Do you have the Minipro belt drive installed on your mill? Quick help!

Thread: Do you have the Minipro belt drive installed on your mill? Quick help!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Do you have the Minipro belt drive installed on your mill? Quick help!

I have a KC20VS that I'm converting to CNC, and I bought the Minipro (ex Benchtop Precision) belt drive kit as part of the plan.

I'm going to change the OEM motor for a treadmill motor, and I'm about halfway through fabricating the motor mount for the treadmill motor. The idea is that my mount duplicates the bolt pattern of the OEM motor so that it is a direct bolt-up to the Minipro kit.

The one snag is that treadmill motors use a 1/2-13 LHT pulley attachment. No worries, I made a step pulley that threads onto the end of the shaft. But by its nature, the pulley cannot move up and down the shaft to align the belts.

My cunning plan is to machine the thickness of my motor mount such that the distance between the mount flange onto the Minipro plate and the centreline of the v-belt groove lines up, with the little bit of sliding adjustability on the driven pully-quill shaft able to fine-tune the rest.

Unfortunately, I'm using the mill, so I cannot assemble the Minipro kit and take measurements off it without disrupting a bunch of other projects.

Could someone with this kit, assembled, pull a measurement for me? I reached out to Minipro, and while they were helpful, they don't have CAD for the assembly, just individual parts.

I'm looking for the distance between the top of the Minipro drive belt pulley to either the bottom of the Minipro mount plate, or to the motor mount flange, whichever is easier, as precisely as possible (snap gauge and micrometer, or digital calipers, ideally)

Thanks much!