Dedicated proLIGHT discussion group

Thread: Dedicated proLIGHT discussion group

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dedicated proLIGHT discussion group

I created a group for Light Machines/Intelitek proLIGHT discussion (1000, 2000, 2500, 3000 and related Benchman)

https://groups.io/g/prolight

Please be aware, signup requires email delivery. Why? To try and foster discussion. Versus people signing up for web only and never participating.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Dedicated proLIGHT discussion group

I thought I'd give this a "yearly" bump (approximately ;-) in case there are people who missed the original announcement.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Dedicated proLIGHT discussion group

I purchased a pro light 1000 less than 2 weeks ago. I have the machine cleaned up, almost cleaned up. Now I need to put together the electronics to run the stepper motors. I would like to keep the 4th axis as an option for the future.Following is my first post that I don't think got sent out.

I have a proLight 1000 milling machine without the original controller box. I'm leaning towards a GRBL offline controller, as of this writing, because you may have a better solution. Please help this 75 year old combat veteran find what I need. Price is an issue.

I now need to do some shopping for the following;

Arduino UNO

Offline Controller

Arduino UNO

An MPG

4 Drivers (my stepper motors are Superior Electric SLO-SYN, 3.36 VDC & 2.9Amps DC) I want to keep the A Axis available for future needs.

24VDC power supply

Is this a complete list except for wiring and other miscellaneous supplies?

Next I need to find the actual parts that will work together. I guess the UNO is to only part I already know what to buy, I "GUESS" being the action word!?!?

I had a working system a while back, do any of you remember needing an XT PC and parallel port connections? Like I said, it has been a while. Going USB or WiFi this time!

TU,

John

Can you share help me with your ideas, please.