have you heard of this machine sx3 benchtop

Thread: have you heard of this machine sx3 benchtop

Downloads
    Uploads

Default have you heard of this machine sx3 benchtop

I came across this comapny called axyzmachines.com looks like x2 mini mills converted. the price seems ok 3000 for the fully loaded. What do you guys think.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails have you heard of this machine sx3 benchtop-img_0218-jpg   have you heard of this machine sx3 benchtop-img_0232-jpg   have you heard of this machine sx3 benchtop-img_0187-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: have you heard of this machine sx3 benchtop

I wouldn't touch another X2 for cnc with a bagepole.
    While the spindle haeads are not bad (until it stalls), the x,y table is crap!.
    Taable- Twists, vibrates, wears, all over the place, and the gib design is poor.
    For frequent use as cnc these machines are just much too light and not rigid enough.

Nope.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've never seen that company before and I'd be cautious as I suspect they are probably a build to order type fly by night , though I may be wrong and I don't want to be insulting .

Otherwise , not bad price for a complete package if it's well pieced together with a solid column . They don't provide much info at all . I'd avoid that cheap chinese control and go with mach at the least . The brushless motor is the way to go since the brushed motors go through brushes fairly quick and they burn out after a lot of use

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    I've never seen that company before and I'd be cautious as I suspect they are probably a build to order type fly by night , though I may be wrong and I don't want to be insulting .

Otherwise , not bad price for a complete package if it's well pieced together with a solid column . They don't provide much info at all . I'd avoid that cheap chinese control and go with mach at the least . The brushless motor is the way to go since the brushed motors go through brushes fairly quick and they burn out after a lot of use

I looks like the machine is using a solid column looks like you have the option of choosing a version of mach3, I do like the spindle motor 6000rpm bldc 1.2nm torque. I will say that i like the yokes for the axis that they are using, they seem pretty sturdy

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails have you heard of this machine sx3 benchtop-img_0660-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Honestly, the machines look nice, I wonder how that mx3 will perform. It looks like they are selling some or at least that's what their Instagram shows

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails have you heard of this machine sx3 benchtop-6ad8a8e9-f4c3-4291-9977-888620877e58-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

it'll perform about the same as any x2 conversion . I've got 4 converts that i built a business with , then put them to rest in the shed after replacing them with tormachs . A guy can't have high expectations of the machining capabilities , and they need adjustment on a regular basis but they can do a fair bit of work if a guy knows how to use them efficiently .
    For the difference of 1500 a pcnc440 is far more machine

Downloads
    Uploads

have you heard of this machine sx3 benchtop-win_20211020_15_43_41_pro-jpghave you heard of this machine sx3 benchtop-win_20211020_15_50_43_pro-jpg

Couldn't help myself. Just snagged both of these, for next to nothing. I got the X2 for 950, with a nice conversion, gecko 540, gecko motors, computer, stand, etc.

The lathe was 600.

Halfnutz

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    it'll perform about the same as any x2 conversion . I've got 4 converts that i built a business with , then put them to rest in the shed after replacing them with tormachs . A guy can't have high expectations of the machining capabilities , and they need adjustment on a regular basis but they can do a fair bit of work if a guy knows how to use them efficiently .
    For the difference of 1500 a pcnc440 is far more machine
    that pcnc440 starts at $6,490+tax closer to 7k , I am conflicted I think i can make some money with this axyzmachines mx3 then possibly upgrade, they are asking 3500+shipping

Downloads
    Uploads

I reached out and they said their new machines will fully integrate spindle control through mach3 and the x-y ways will include lubrication channels for smoother operations.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails have you heard of this machine sx3 benchtop-img_1233-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Halfnutz View Post
    have you heard of this machine sx3 benchtop-win_20211020_15_43_41_pro-jpghave you heard of this machine sx3 benchtop-win_20211020_15_50_43_pro-jpg

Couldn't help myself. Just snagged both of these, for next to nothing. I got the X2 for 950, with a nice conversion, gecko 540, gecko motors, computer, stand, etc.

The lathe was 600.
    wow that's an excellent purchase, that x2 looks like a steal especially with the CNC add on

I just saw those too. I thought they would be a new competitor but someone told me they are just seig x2 machines or something and they just converted to cnc. I imagine a taig would be better, or even our machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am on the fence about the machine but in all honesty, it looks like a solid build, they also just put up a video, it does not look too bad. Your machine is it all steel or aluminum column. I am confused about your design, I was under impression that the industry does not use solid steel or aluminum for machine bases because "vibrations in machine tools cause poor part accuracy and surface finish, and leads to accelerated failure of parts like bearings. It is therefore important that a large part of the machine is made of materials with high vibration damping capacity, to reduce the amplitude of the vibrations"

https://www.youtube.com/embed/jkIfz34CpSY

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails have you heard of this machine sx3 benchtop-299509_155d7af1e3b24487b2c7790095fe5d6c7emv2-14-png   have you heard of this machine sx3 benchtop-comparison-vibration-damping-capacity-adapted-mspc-92-a  
    Last edited by crl1_1; 11-11-2021 at 12:28 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice build

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

does not use solid steel or aluminum for machine bases because "vibrations in machine tools cause poor part accuracy and surface finish, and leads to accelerated failure of parts like bearings. It is therefore important that a large part of the machine is made of materials with high vibration damping capacity, to reduce the amplitude of the vibrations"
    The thing that causes the most vibration, inaccuracy and poor surface finish is LACK of RIGIDITY. Vibration damping is nice, and is why cast iron is so widely used, but STIFFNESS beats everything.

The little machines mentioned in this thread are all 'rigidity challenged', they will deflect when the cutting pressure comes on leading to vibration and inaccuracy.

Craig