Newbie AB-193503 AC Servo for spindle motor (which driver?)

Thread: AB-193503 AC Servo for spindle motor (which driver?)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default AB-193503 AC Servo for spindle motor (which driver?)

Hello,

I am currently in the design/planning stage for building my first CNC mill. This mill is going to be used for milling mostly aluminium and (sometimes) steel.

I have an old (but professional) Allen-Bradley AC Servo motor laying around that I want to use as a Spindle Motor. The reason that I want to use an AC Servo is because these have a built-in encoder so that I can use Rigid Tapping on my CNC machine. (see attachment for servo specs).

Now my questions are:

1. Are there any reasons NOT to use this (or any other) AC Servo motor as a spindle motor?

2. Which Servo Drivers can I use with this motor? I have access to 380v 3 phase power in my garage, but on the motor specs it says that it needs 240v 3 phase power. So I am lost here...
    Sidenote: I am planning to use the MASSO controller, so this Servo Driver needs to work with the MASSO contoller.

Thanks in advance!