Convert manual Bernardo KF 20 L Super milling ma to CNC, but keep manual mode option.

Thread: Convert manual Bernardo KF 20 L Super milling ma to CNC, but keep manual mode option.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Convert manual Bernardo KF 20 L Super milling ma to CNC, but keep manual mode option.

Hello,

I am considering buying a Bernardo KF 20 L Super manual milling machine, and then later buy a concersion kit to make it CNC.
    In the meantime, i like to also use the machine sometimes for smaller manual jobs where i do not want to make the whole setup on computers ect, but just cut some metal quick manually.
    Anyone have modified such a machine to CNC, but where the manual operation with the handles are kept in place?

P.s Any one have converted this machine into CNC?

Thank you.
    Martin

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Convert manual Bernardo KF 20 L Super milling ma to CNC, but keep manual mode opt

It looks like a fairly common Chinese machine with a "Bernardo" badge on it. I don't have one myself so don't know the model names but if you Google you should find a lot of conversions for this same basic machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Convert manual Bernardo KF 20 L Super milling ma to CNC, but keep manual mode opt

This one?
    https://www.bernardo-maschinen.com/k...smaschine.html
    SIEG has wide range of SX2L Mini Mill Drill

Same as the Sieg X2L mini mill (longer table version).

There's plenty of conversions out there. Personally I don't rate them. I have a Sieg X2 version.
    The table size/weight make it prone to twist and vibrate.
    Y axis distance is lacking.
    MT3 taper. (R8 is far superior).
    It can't handle any remotely slightly heavy cutting. You can't go by any recommendations when it comes to feed/speeds.

Save another few hundred and get the next size up.
    Something like:
    https://www.amadeal.co.uk/acatalog/A...E.html#SID=421
    I'm plenty happy with mine. Wish I'd gone straight to this and not wasted efford on my X2 in the first place.

There are so many versions of this with differing spec. You can find good value but you really need to look around.

Bernardo look like they only have old outdated ones with MT2 tapers for stupid cost. Steer clear imo.

Downloads
    Uploads

In addition to my previous post.
    The Bernardo KF20 machine is an older version of the Sieg which has the tilting column. NO NO NO....
    If you do go for this size machine look around for the newer version that has the Solid column update.
    The tilting column is a big flaw.

This is the type of spec you want if you want a usable machine of this size:
    https://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catal...-HiTorque-Mill