BF20LV problem, need help please

Thread: BF20LV problem, need help please

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default BF20LV problem, need help please

I have a lightly used BF20LV about 5 years old. Today whilst milling some aluminium, the motor stopped,( it had been running for about 5 minutes) the speed control read zero, turning the speed knob made no difference to the readout, the motor stayed stopped. Powered it off for a couple of minutes, turned it back on, and everything worked as normal for a couple of minutes when the same thing happened. Can repeat this cycle.

Any ideas as to probable issue, or fault finding procedure?
    TIA
    Gary
    Geelong Australia

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: BF20LV problem, need help please

Quote Originally Posted by garyrmck View Post
    I have a lightly used BF20LV about 5 years old. Today whilst milling some aluminium, the motor stopped,( it had been running for about 5 minutes) the speed control read zero, turning the speed knob made no difference to the readout, the motor stayed stopped. Powered it off for a couple of minutes, turned it back on, and everything worked as normal for a couple of minutes when the same thing happened. Can repeat this cycle.

Any ideas as to probable issue, or fault finding procedure?
    TIA
    Gary
    Geelong Australia
    Sounds heat related because it happens consistently after running, then goes away and works fine after it has been shut off for a few minutes (cools).

I don't know these machines well enough to give you good info, but I would personally check all electrical connections that are soldered and mechanically clamped as a first start. Poor connections create heat due to higher resistance.