G0704 Motor doesn't turn on NEED HELP

Thread: G0704 Motor doesn't turn on NEED HELP

Downloads
    Uploads

Default G0704 Motor doesn't turn on NEED HELP

When I turn on the machine the spindle speed indicator reads 0 and when I turn the spindle speed adjustment knob nothing happens. Note, I have taken off the safety guard and hard wired the switch to permanently stay on. The spindle turns freely by hand with no noticable issues and displays the spindle speed when doing so. Both fuses on the back are good. The mill hasn't been used for any heavy duty use. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G0704 Motor doesn't turn on NEED HELP

You need to close the splash gard...

youtube videos of the G0704 under the name arizonavideo99

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G0704 Motor doesn't turn on NEED HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Blakeo44 View Post
    When I turn on the machine the spindle speed indicator reads 0 and when I turn the spindle speed adjustment knob nothing happens. Note, I have taken off the safety guard and hard wired the switch to permanently stay on. The spindle turns freely by hand with no noticable issues and displays the spindle speed when doing so. Both fuses on the back are good. The mill hasn't been used for any heavy duty use. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Must be an issue with your wring. If you spliced it it might be in the 'guard open' position.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    Must be an issue with your wring. If you spliced it it might be in the 'guard open' position.
    When the guard is open, the switch disengages power so I just hard wired it close. Has never been a problem since doing it. Has to be something else. Following the wiring diagram I can't find anything out of the ordinary either.