More MX4660 issues.......

Thread: More MX4660 issues.......

Downloads
    Uploads

Default More MX4660 issues.......

Hey guys, hoping to pick your brains a bit.

I finally got my mill up and running and everything seemed to be going really well. Last night I hit the e-stop on my machine because the cutter was headed toward a clamp. I've hit the e-stop before and all was well after I re-homed the machine. This time however, the machine will not move.

I reset the e-stop in both Mach and physically on the machine, nothing. Just opened up the enclosure and noticed that nothing on the MX is lighting up. Checked to make sure it has 50V and it does.......

Is there any sort of internal fuse that I'm not aware of? I have read other guys having trouble with the MX board when hitting the e-stop but the fix was to install a shunt regulator. I have a shunt on my machine so either it didn't do its job, or possibly its not hooked up properly? Or maybe I'm over looking something obvious here?

Aside from sending it back to Leadshine to check it out, is there any bench testing I could do to try and trouble shoot what the issue is?

As always, any suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated.

-Ryan

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: More MX4660 issues.......

Hi Ryan,

A bit more info required. What does the eStop on your machine actually do? Does it cut AC power to your power supply? Or does it cut DC power to your Stepper drive? Or something else?

Cheers
    Peter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

-------------------------------------------------
    Homann Designs - http://www.homanndesigns.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by phomann View Post
    Hi Ryan,

A bit more info required. What does the eStop on your machine actually do? Does it cut AC power to your power supply? Or does it cut DC power to your Stepper drive? Or something else?

Cheers
    Peter.

Sorry I should have been specific. The MX has a dedicated estop input. I believe it cuts power from the steppers but I'll need to confirm that.

Downloads
    Uploads

From the MX4660 manual:

"Emergency stop input (12V Sourcing). When activated, all four drive boards will be shutdown and the MX4660 will stop working. The red LED of each drive module will blink threetimes periodically every 4 seconds to indicate an emergency event signal received. In thiscase, a fault output will be sent to pin 15 - “Fault”- of the DB25 connector to notify theconnected motion controller"

Unfortunately after the estop nothing is flashing or lighting up on the controller at all. I have an email in to Leadshines tech support, hopefully they can get back to me. I have a feeling this board is pooched.......

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, it sounds like the logic voltage is not present.

Cheers
    Peter

-------------------------------------------------
    Homann Designs - http://www.homanndesigns.com

Downloads
    Uploads

From the email I received back from Leadshine, it looks like the "power circuit/drive module" is damaged. They won't repair this unit and the only option is a replacement at full cost.......

I'm frustrated to say the least. The MX wasn't a cheap option, especially when you consider the cost of the shunt regulator that needed to be purchased along with it. Over $400 and I think the mill ran for a total of 5 or 6 hours. Lesson learned, stay away from all in one controllers.