Need Help! motion control board (breakout board ) which one to buy?? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: motion control board (breakout board ) which one to buy??

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: motion control board (breakout board ) which one to buy??

@ger21, any suggestions on software? Care to share your top two or three software? ( based on your previous comment a software that uses Ethernet is prefered?)

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm using UCCNC. A lot of former Mach3 users have moved to it, and find it a much better product. New features are constantly being added.

Many like the Centroid Acorn, claiming it's a more "industrial" solution.

LinuxCNC is good, if you don't like Windows.

There are other options, some more expensive, some cheaper.

At the end of the day, it's a matter of personal preference. Does it do what you want and need it to do. Some may meet your needs, others may not.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

control software if possible i would like to be able to have a choice of running Mach 3 , Linux cnc , or Uccnc
    like to machine 3D so all 3 axis moving same time
    have any recommendations?
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Personally if I were building another machine I would use UCCNC, thru the UC300ETH-5LPT To The Gecko540. Simple and proven system with good support

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    Well, i spoke too soon. The axbb-e is not working exactly as their specs say

Hello. I am interested in the AXBB-E as well. Can you elaborate on the problems you are having? Thank you.

Don

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman7 View Post
    Hello. I am interested in the AXBB-E as well. Can you elaborate on the problems you are having? Thank you.

Don
    He already wrote in another forum topic that his problem is that the analog 0-10V output on his AXBB controller does not go up to 10Volts, just to 9.2 Volts is what he wrote if I recall.
    On my AXBB it goes up to 9.9Volts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Don
    Yes, not going all the way up to 10. Not a big deal cause i just scale my drive analog input accordingly. My biggest problem with this board is/was the lack of 0V5 points for the stepper signal wiring. Also the jumper position was opposite to what is indicated in their manual. For the price it's a good deal still

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    He already wrote in another forum topic that his problem is that the analog 0-10V output on his AXBB controller does not go up to 10Volts, just to 9.2 Volts is what he wrote if I recall.
    On my AXBB it goes up to 9.9Volts.
    Thank you for replying... I did not catch that in the other topic. Good to hear yours is almost 10V. I'm coming from a C-10 BOB (using parallel port) and Leadshine drivers w/Mach 3 and now exploring both acorn and uucnc.

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    Yes, not going all the way up to 10. Not a big deal cause i just scale my drive analog input accordingly. My biggest problem with this board is/was the lack of 0V5 points for the stepper signal wiring. Also the jumper position was opposite to what is indicated in their manual. For the price it's a good deal still
    Thank you for the information. I'm really leaning toward this, and I don't think it will be a deal breaker for me. Definitely looks like a solid setup.

Don

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the information. I'm really leaning toward this, and I don't think it will be a deal breaker for me. Definitely looks like a solid setup.

Don
    Easy to set up too

Downloads
    Uploads

Don
    Here is a little look inside the AXBB-E. Took this when i had to remove the jumper for 0-10V....which i later had to replace

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails motion control board (breakout board ) which one to buy??-axbb-e1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

i been looking at Acorn CNC Controller for $299 i don't like the i deal on there cnc 12 program is Limited to 50Kb G-code file size and if you want more add $139 w/ Centroid Pro software , is there a better alternative /any recommendations?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rmachinist View Post
    i been looking at Acorn CNC Controller for $299 i don't like the i deal on there cnc 12 program is Limited to 50Kb G-code file size and if you want more add $139 w/ Centroid Pro software , is there a better alternative /any recommendations?
    I went with the Acorn and really happy with it! I did go basic for awhile, was good enough to get up and running to learn everything (other than operating a waterjet I have no cnc backround). Loading each opp gets old by the time you want to start making parts though haha! Getting pro after setting up and learning it helps brake the cost up.

Downloads
    Uploads

is there a better alternative /any recommendations?
    Everyone will tell you that their personal preference is "better". Only someone that's used multiple controllers extensively can actually tell you which is truly "better".

And "Better" may come down to what features one may need or use. So one might be considered better because it has specific features that another controller does not.

When considering the Acorn, don't think of the Pro software as an additional cost, as it's really just part of the overall cost.

I'm using UCCNC with a UC300ETH and UB-1. Cost is similar to the Acorn and Pro software. You can get the cost much lower with their cheaper controllers and cheap breakout boards.

Mach4 with an ESS and breakout boards cost a bout the same as Acorn and Pro software.

Eding CNC with their higher end control boards costs more than Acorn and Pro software.

If to you, "Better" means cheaper, than look at LinuxCNC.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12