pdm 30 vs cx 601

Thread: pdm 30 vs cx 601

Default pdm 30 vs cx 601

I need a small milling machine and im bouncing between both of these. anybody here familiar with both? up here costs are comparable I've read lots about round versus square column. any other options that im missing? not lots of spare room and relocating overseas in a few years so I don't want something that's too big to move

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: pdm 30 vs cx 601

Do you mean the PM-30 mill ?

I looked up the cx601 and it is a Weiss 30 mill. The older ones had a two speed gear box and a brushed DC motor and the listings says the Cx601 has two speds with a knob.. The new PM-30 has a belt drive and brushless motor which many think is a better system. it also has a higher top speed of 3K

The rest is the same mill.

youtube videos of the G0704 under the name arizonavideo99

King Industrial 1-1/4" Mill/Drill Machine
    PDM-30

this one is the round column, and I was pretty sure I was going to go with it, but still second guessing myself, I was looking for a good drill press when I figured I would be better off getting a mill drill and have some added use

Downloads
    Uploads

I had a round column.

I really liked the motor and the high speed was nice and the longer 5" quill was nice. It still flexed a lot more than the PM-30 I have. Really the 30 size mills will do most everything better over the RF-31. If your gong to CNC then its a easy choice.

Get the 601.

youtube videos of the G0704 under the name arizonavideo99

thank you, ive really been looking at cncing too once iv e had one for awhile and the 601 does make sense