Build Thread My take on a G0704 build

Thread: My take on a G0704 build

Downloads
    Uploads

Default My take on a G0704 build

Hi,
    I am new to the forum here but not to working with metal. I'm 35 years old, own a small machine and fab shop (fabrication and welding of exotic materials) and recently went back to college for Electronics Engineering. I scaled back on my work because of college but have found myself we extra time on my hands and don't want to take back on more work in the event I need the time for school. I have a little G0704 that I used to use for 3D engraving that is just taking up space so I decided to sell it to a friend of a friend but they haven't seem to be able to come up with the money. I am also out of space and would like to put a swiss turning center where the currently G0704 sits. I did and do not want to list is for sale for fear that someone may think I built it. It was built, then involved in a structure fire, tinkered with and then given to me. I did just enough to get it working to do some small engraving jobs I didn't want to tie up a VMC with. Its served its purpose and I no longer have a use for it. Before I sell it I want to redo it so I don't hang my head in shame if my name ends up tied to it.

I really have no experience in how people build these and what ideas they have so it should be interesting to see how it compares to a planned build. My plan is to do everything with scraps and spare materials and parts I have laying around the shop, we shall see.....