Need Help! BF20L vario cnc questions

Thread: BF20L vario cnc questions

Downloads
    Uploads

Default BF20L vario cnc questions

Hi all,

I have a Metex by Optimum BF20L Vario mill that I'm hoping to convert to cnc,

I've been trying to scour the site for the required parts but it seems many who made them no longer do.

I've found these Double Ball nut ballscrews on eBay, much cheaper than the ones sold by Damen CNC, is there known issues with them?

being in Aus everything is harder to get but this stepper driver package appears to my unknowledgeable eye, ok.

along with these stepper motors and power supply

any and all help would be greatly appreciated as its all abit over whelming for a beginner

thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: BF20L vario cnc questions

Quote Originally Posted by MatMann View Post
    Hi all,

I have a Metex by Optimum BF20L Vario mill that I'm hoping to convert to cnc,

I've been trying to scour the site for the required parts but it seems many who made them no longer do.

I've found these Double Ball nut ballscrews on eBay, much cheaper than the ones sold by Damen CNC, is there known issues with them?

being in Aus everything is harder to get but this stepper driver package appears to my unknowledgeable eye, ok.

along with these stepper motors and power supply

any and all help would be greatly appreciated as its all abit over whelming for a beginner

thanks
    I've got this control set and have no problem with any of it:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/German-Sh...72.m2749.l2649

My screws are from this seller:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-set-DFU...72.m2749.l2649
    Got no problem with his at all and I packed the spacers with alu foil bringing backlash down to 0.01mm & 0.025mm.

The thing to check imo is fitted spacers between the 2 parts of a double nut is crucial. I've tried a couple of sellers while getting my screws and there was one seller that put no spacers in the middle and it was utter crap!!!

A 2005 screw is best on the Z axis because although my 1605 in mine is strong enough. I have issues with screw whip making a bit of resonance that is a bit too loud.