Newbie Assistance Identifying Min-Lathe - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assistance Identifying Min-Lathe

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Assistance Identifying Min-Lathe

Quote Originally Posted by 109jb View Post
    Rather than buy new parts from LCMs or other, I would put out the feelers in a new thread for the missing parts. There have been so many of those machines converted to cnc that there surely has to be someone that has then left over. You see, when doing a cnc conversion, most of the pieces you need are replaced during the conversion. I'd suggest starting a new "Mini Lathe Parts Needed" thread
    Thank you for the information and suggestion. Perhaps that helps to guess why parts might have been removed. While I may, myself, convert to CNC at a later date, for now, I think it would be best if it was returned to near a factory state for learning basic lathework. I'll take your suggestion under advisement and start a new thread a little later.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Assistance Identifying Min-Lathe

I just bought a lathe that was an aborted CNC conversion. It's missing most of the same parts. I'm shopping also, but for a different (bigger) lathe.

LMS and Grizzly are my go-tos for minilathe parts. LMS has everything for every model, technical advice, upgrades, and a very nice site. The owner is Chris Woods and he is very customer -focused, and a nice guy.
    Grizzly parts fit most models, usually cheapest (including shipping) but a bit less user-friendly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12