3d part digitisation

Thread: 3d part digitisation

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3d part digitisation

I've done it various different ways - hand-operated touch probes, automatic touchprobes with piezo-electric needle probe, laser scanners, infra-red, and structured light scanners, using various kinds of software. There are lots of ways to get from physical objects to digital ones. But you'd need to specify how much resolution, detail and accuracy you need, what tolerances you can accept. (and what you can afford) before I could recommend a method to use. What would be your intended use for the digitized parts?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3d part digitisation

awerby, thanks for the reply I would like an accurate 3d model of a tennis racquet to make some parts to fit - ideally 0.1mm accuracy although anything is probably better than the CAD I have now, I have tried AutoCAD recap but this failed to generate the image, possibly as the item was gloss black or I took too many photos hoping for accuracy - IIRC I had ~40.

I was thinking if I could use a touch probe and do 2.5D digitisation that would be accurate though would not capture the string holes but would at least give the body shape accurately.