Need Help! Harbor Freight (Sieg) Mini Mill spindle issues

Thread: Harbor Freight (Sieg) Mini Mill spindle issues

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Harbor Freight (Sieg) Mini Mill spindle issues

I have a Sieg mini Mill with an FC350BJ spindle controller. I have converted this into a complete CNC machine and converted the spindle to a belt drive. The setup I have has worked on another mill I converter. However, on the second Mill, I am having some issues with the spindle. When I supply a speed value of 3,000 or above the spindle pulses on/off. Almost as if the switch between pin 6 and 7 is clicking on/off. I have made sure the door switch between pin 6 and 7 is completely closed. A fuse has no blew because I have connected a wire directly to pin 4.

I wonder if this is an overload issue, with is triggering the spindle on/off. Is there any suggests, calibrations, or help you can give for this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Harbor Freight (Sieg) Mini Mill spindle issues-img_5576-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Harbor Freight (Sieg) Mini Mill spindle issues

So you have been successful in having MACH3 Control your X2 Harbor Freight Spindle? I want to do the same thing. what BOB did you use and do you have a schematic on how you did this? did you put in a reverse switch?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Harbor Freight (Sieg) Mini Mill spindle issues

I've never tried to get it to work yet so at your own risk.
    Hmm. According to my diagram. There is no switch on 6/7 it's just a wire bridge. Pin 4 is mains +ive input, pin 3&5 is the pot on/off switch.
    Could explain why it blew if you put a wire directly to mains + on pin 4.

If you think that it is fluctuating the motor switch on/off you could try bridging pins 3 & 5 so it is permanently in a ready/on state and eliminate the use of the BOB on/off relay.
    I did read somewhere once that someone thought the delay between Mach3 turning the spindle on to it running speed was too short to successfully work properly with the X2. Delay time might possibly explain why it is clicking in/out when high speed is called for.

I'm going by this wiring diagram:
    https://littlemachineshop.com/images...iagram2514.pdf