Benchtop Precision G0704 BF20 Belt Drive Conversion Kit is BACK!

Thread: Benchtop Precision G0704 BF20 Belt Drive Conversion Kit is BACK!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Benchtop Precision G0704 BF20 Belt Drive Conversion Kit is BACK!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Benchtop Precision G0704 BF20 Belt Drive Conversion Kit is BACK!

Hi mendez, I'm interested in something like this kit, but I have a couple of questions...
    -My project: I don't really care about hi speed, I use the bf20 to surface with a fly cutter and to drill on steel... So I was thinking to make on my own a single stage reduction with a timing belt.

1) do you have the kit for the BF20 available? (Since the motor base plate and driven pulley are different for Hall speed sensor)

2) my BF20 uses a morse taper #2 and at the top of the drawbar it has cap that allows to pull down the draw bar (when untightening) and 'eject' the morse taper, Does your kit keeps this function?

3) I'm starting to urge this... Could you sell me (shipped to France) only the bearing carrier?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Benchtop Precision G0704 BF20 Belt Drive Conversion Kit is BACK!

Hi Jorge,

1. At this time we do not have the kit available for BF20; but we will be offering it eventually;
    2. I'm not aware of that detail; my understanding is that the only parts that are different for the BF20 are the sensor and the pulleys; thus, "I think" it should be ok;
    3. At this time we are not selling spare parts because our priority is to fufill the complete kits; we try not to have a lot of lead time in fufilling our orders. But; we will be offering spare parts as soon we have the kit in-stock.

Hope that helps and feel free to email us if you have any questions,
    Thanks!
    -Mendez

Hello Mendez, this kit looks quite excellent for my needs. I'm confused as to whether the Nachi Bearings are part of the kit or not. My understanding is that these are higher quality tapered roller bearings than the OEM parts, imparting both reduced runout and ability to run at higher RPMs with longer life. The latter would seem essential for the higher RPMs that this kit gives. Finally, I'm just curious as to the choice of a V-belt rather than a micro-V (J) belt - does the increased tension needed to prevent V-belt slippage reduce the lifetime of the bearings?

Thanks!
    -Peter