Build Thread $20 CNC Enclosure

Thread: $20 CNC Enclosure

Downloads
    Uploads

Default $20 CNC Enclosure

Yesterday I had to get some parts made. Unfortunately I still haven't finished working on my CNC enclosure. Everyday I get new ideas for how to improve my current design and the enclosure never gets built. One of the biggest problems is my Tormach SuperFly. Chips get flown right across the shop and end up in places I would never imagine. Unfortunately some chips even get tracked into the house, even when I take my shoes off first!

Anyway, rather than have chips flying all over the place again, I decided to whip up a temporary CNC enclosure. The entire build only took about an hour and only cost me $15.96 in supplies and materials, including tax. If you don't have some scrap wood on hand, it will probably cost closer to $20.

CNC Enclosure-28-dollar-cnc-enclosure-600-jpg

If anyone else is on a tight budget, or like me, is simply taking too long to make their enclosure, I think you'll get some inspiration from this design.

Here's a link to a few more photos and my parts list:
    $20 CNC Enclosure Parts List

If anyone has tips for building a great permanent enclosure, please share. I will be happy to post pictures as I go along. I plan to mainly use T-slotted aluminum with clear acrylic. The interior will be lit with LED lighting. I have most of the main materials. Right now I just need to machine the corner plates for the T-slotted aluminum and I'll be ready to start preliminary assembly.

Happy building!