Taig vs Omio + random questions - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Taig vs Omio + random questions

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Taig vs Omio + random questions

You might also want to consider something like the Tormach 440 CNC mill. There's a forum for Tormach CNC machines here on CNC-Zone. They are near Madison, WI and have a showroom in case you are close enough to stop by. They also maintain a list of owners that are willing to demo their own personal machines.

A friend has a CNC-d Taig mill that he uses for model IC engine parts and he is quite happy with it.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'd love a Tormach, but they're on the VERY extreme end of my budget. I wouldn't be able to order until late November/early December and I'm WAY too impatient for that.

At this point I keep changing my mind daily. The sales guy at Precision Matthews told me they have some PM-25's with some cosmetic rust that are slightly discounted so I'm considering that, but I'm very leery since this is my first mill and the CNC conversion is going to be difficult enough without worrying about rust.

I'm thinking about just getting a Shapeoko 3 and playing with that for a couple months while I save up money for something REALLY nice.

I've got an e-mail out to the Omio sales guy trying to figure out how much in duties I'm looking at for the X8 machine.

Basically I've made 0 progress and actually probably back tracked by bringing in even more options.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kskiff7034 View Post
    I'd love a Tormach, but they're on the VERY extreme end of my budget. I wouldn't be able to order until late November/early December and I'm WAY too impatient for that.

At this point I keep changing my mind daily. The sales guy at Precision Matthews told me they have some PM-25's with some cosmetic rust that are slightly discounted so I'm considering that, but I'm very leery since this is my first mill and the CNC conversion is going to be difficult enough without worrying about rust.

I'm thinking about just getting a Shapeoko 3 and playing with that for a couple months while I save up money for something REALLY nice.

I've got an e-mail out to the Omio sales guy trying to figure out how much in duties I'm looking at for the X8 machine.

Basically I've made 0 progress and actually probably back tracked by bringing in even more options.
    For what it's worth, the PM25 is a great little mill, and Matt at PM is a great guy to work with. If he says the rust is cosmetic, I wouldn't let that stop me from buying one.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234