New Machine Build sieg X2 cnc conversion (yes another one) C6 board query

Thread: sieg X2 cnc conversion (yes another one) C6 board query

Downloads
    Uploads

Post sieg X2 cnc conversion (yes another one) C6 board query

It's alive...... ish. Got all 3 axis running with 420oz steppers. So far only pushed it up to 800mm/min with a 6mm cutter at 1mm doc and 600mm/min with an 8mm at 1mm doc in aluminum, rapids at 1100mm/min. Spindle 350w motor is a bit weak to push too far imho.

Anyway I was looking at the C6 board to get spindle control through Mach3.
    All it looks to be doing is converting a PWM signal to 0-10v analogue and then replacing the pot on P2 (0-10v) & P3 (gnd), yes?

Now this is the breakout board I'm using below.
    It already shows to have an isolated part on the right for a 12v supply to go in and then a 0-10v analogue signal coming out of it.
    I'm assuming this is basically the same scenario as the C6 and as such my board can go straight in?
    Can anyone confirm this before I see magic smoke, lol.
    Daz.

My board:
    sieg X2 cnc conversion (yes another one) C6 board query-picture1-png
    Manual:
    https://warp9td.com/images/BOB_Vendo...line/ST-V2.pdf

Planning on using the relay later for the fluids, just using the wall socket switch at present.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sieg X2 cnc conversion (yes another one) C6 board query-images-jpg   sieg X2 cnc conversion (yes another one) C6 board query-picture1-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: sieg X2 cnc conversion (yes another one) C6 board query

Going to try this wiring diagram out soon so fingers crossed.
    Relay from bob for spindle on/off to main pins 3&5
    0-10v & gnd to pot pins 2&3
    12v supply from pc
    Overload circuit to 220v coil relay with 12v switch out to activate mach3 e-stop if/when spindle jams.
    sieg X2 cnc conversion (yes another one) C6 board query-untitled-1-copy-jpg
    Anything I've missed?

Just realized I've gone from the wrong lamp to the e-stop. Should be the top one. D'oh. you get the idea though. I'll just have to double check voltage coming from the circuit and get the relevant relay for it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sieg X2 cnc conversion (yes another one) C6 board query-untitled-1-copy-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: sieg X2 cnc conversion (yes another one) C6 board query

Re done the diagram so the e-stop comes from the overload light.
    Hopefully when the light comes on it activates emergency and stops Mach3 dead in it's tracks.
    Parts don't come out as smooth as they used to since it overloaded and the steppers tried to carry on breaking everything in the process.
    I've replaced a lot of parts and it still isn't perfect and can't figure out why.
    Hopefully when I figure the wiring out it won't happen when I replace the machine.

sieg X2 cnc conversion (yes another one) C6 board query-untitled-2-jpg

Just need to probe the overload to see what voltage it operates at and get the relevant relay.
    Haven't got a chance atm as the machine is running a fair amount.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sieg X2 cnc conversion (yes another one) C6 board query-untitled-2-jpg