Need Help! Optimum BF20 L Vario Start-stop connection CNC controller

Thread: Optimum BF20 L Vario Start-stop connection CNC controller

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Optimum BF20 L Vario Start-stop connection CNC controller

HELP PLEASE: I own the above machine which I am converting to a CNC. I have a problem with the control of the spindle speed.

On page 26, Figure 4.2, a 4-pin connector underneath the control panel is indicated as the "Start-stop connection CNC-Controller". I have opened the box and saw that there are two red wires connected to two of the pins of the connector.on the inside. My question is whether this is the connection that one must use to connect to the break-out board to control the spindle speed or is this just for the start and stop of the spindle?

I would really appreciate if somebody that have done such a CNC conversion on either a BF20 or Grissly 0704 or any of the other similar machines, can help me out.

Thanks
    Ockert

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Optimum BF20 L Vario Start-stop connection CNC controller

I think you would need to post images of this. I haven't opened mine to see what I need to do to control spindle speed. I don't honestly know if I will, either. Some of it will depend on your motion controller, but the Acorn I'm running offers a 0-10v analog output. I expect that I will look closely at the pot they use to control the speed - likely it's a 0-10v supply as well, so I'll simply hijack that. When you set the speed to 0, the spindle doesn't spin, so that in itself could be what's needed to control on/off.

Downloads
    Uploads

Below are three pics of what I am referring to. The first one is the connector under the control box, the second one is one of the inside of the box (the two red wires are connected to the connector) and the third one is the sketch from the manual which indicates the "Start-stop connection CNC-Controller". I would appreciate any help on this.

Optimum BF20 L Vario Start-stop connection CNC controller-photo-2-jpgOptimum BF20 L Vario Start-stop connection CNC controller-photo-1-jpgOptimum BF20 L Vario Start-stop connection CNC controller-photo-3-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Interesting, it is similar but different from my PM25MV. I need a light! I suspect the CnC start/stop is just a remote to trigger for your on/off. You could trace the wires to see where they go. I think I may have seen a diagram for mine that wasn't quite a schematic, but was close. I haven't opened it yet, except to remove that shield interrupt switch.

Downloads
    Uploads

I found the following on the web:

Little Coaster Worx: G0704 Motor Spindle Control

According to this one can use P1, P2 and P3 on the control board of the spindle. Any help or advice?

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks like they're doing it as I described above. Use the 0-10v output to drive the pot signal.