New Machine Build RF 31 clone build

Thread: RF 31 clone build

Default RF 31 clone build

I do realize I might be late to the RF 31 CNC party but I'm going to attempt it none the less.

I have tride to track down Jeff Davies for a copy of his plans but have not been successful.

If any of you might assist me it would be appreciated, I'd like to get my hand on a copy of his plans, I rather not reinvent the wheel.

Thanks
    Victor

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Vic, i have a similar clone i bought in 2011, i bought the conversion but never installed as i seem to have manual work constantly in the works.
    Basically RF31 is the same as RF45 in X and Y, most RF 45 conversion threads can give you a good road map.
    My parts consist of 2005 rolled ballscrews single nut, 48v switchmode supply, 80v chinese drivers, 1317oz steppers(high inductance).
    This is a low spec of parts, you can do much better.

Wisdom results from foolishness!

Downloads
    Uploads

You use shs 100 x 50 box section with toothed belt pulleys, jaw drives dont lend themselves well to the longer nema 34, like holding a house brick with your arm straight.

Wisdom results from foolishness!