PM25MV CnC Conversion - What kit?

Thread: PM25MV CnC Conversion - What kit?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default PM25MV CnC Conversion - What kit?

I bought a PM25MV mill because it looked to be better than the grizzly unit. I've built all the control systems now to do a CnC conversion. I got an Acorn motion controller and coupled it with some Panasonic A4 drivers and 500w servo motors. Since they have their own encoders, I don't have to worry about missed steps or any of the issues faced by stepper controls. I am down to the last few hours of wiring and it will be all ready to go.

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a kit for the conversion? Obviously, I have a different size motor from the NEMA steppers, so I'm not expecting a bolt-on affair. The good news is, I can use this mill to make parts. While I'd love to just purchase a kit that's ready to install, finding one and actually buying it are different issues. I've spent more than a month trying to get a firm commitment on the parts I need, so at this point, I have just started to machine some motor mounts myself.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PM25MV CnC Conversion - What kit?

I highly recommend ArizonaVideo99's (David Clements') conversion kit, very high quality and really easy assembly.

davedaxx1@yahoo.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I got tired of waiting and started to build the motor mounts.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PM25MV CnC Conversion - What kit?-motor1-jpg   PM25MV CnC Conversion - What kit?-motor2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Looking good ! I also picked up David's Kit about six or so months ago and can recommend it. Nice piece of kit easy to deal with as well. Hoping to actually get it installed here soon ( It is still sitting on my bench ). Been slowly working on my electrical.

I wont clutter your thread with any more of my photos, Just wanted to say It is nice to see more PM25MV builds coming along and being posted. I look forward to following along with your build.

Downloads
    Uploads

That controller is just way too neat and clean looking!

Where did you get the enclosure and how much was it.

youtube videos of the G0704 under the name arizonavideo99

Downloads
    Uploads

If I can get this conversion kit sorted and on its way, I'll use the converted mill to CnC the sides and top of my case. For the record, I don't have the skills to make it neat like his.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PM25MV CnC Conversion - What kit?-controller-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by arizonavideo View Post
    That controller is just way too neat and clean looking!

Where did you get the enclosure and how much was it.

Thanks, I picked up the enclosure at FactoryMation part number is # MAS0606021PER5 all hardware and a key was included, a little pricey compared to some of the deals on ebay, but brand new and free shipping !

Quote Originally Posted by hackish View Post
    I'll use the converted mill to CnC the sides and top of my case.
    That would be the way to go, I did the top plate and sides with a step drill. While not terrible, I did have to 3d print some "face plates" to go under a few of the connectors.

Downloads
    Uploads

After trying to buy a popular kit for 6 weeks, I've given up. Terrible communications, busy, then designing a kit for another mill, then moving and finally "why do you need my kit anyway since you already made motor mounts".

It sounded like a great deal but my time has been wasted and I could have designed my own kit and be already making chips by now. I'll start a proper build thread to cover the process. I would have preferred buying the components I needed so everything but the motor mounts for my servos would have bolted on. I guess this way I get to take the mill apart and put it back together repeatedly to mess about with the mounts I need to attach to the table, saddle and z axis. I would encourage anyone interested in doing a CnC conversion to purchase their kit from an established business. For anyone interested in doing it themselves,I'll do a big how-to on the process in the future.