set pulley 1 to 5000 restart mach
    do s1000

set pulley 1 to 3000 restart mach
    do s1000

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 RPM sensor?

Config / Ports and Pins / Spindle Setup / use spindle motor output checked , PWM checked
    Plugin Control / Spindle THC & Laser config: PWM checked, base frequency same as mach spindle config
    Motor Tuning / Spindle needs steps, velocity and acceleration numbers 100, 100,10

Downloads
    Uploads

First let me say Thanks for all the ideas. I tired all that you have suggested so far but nothing for all RPM's. I can dial it in for 1000 RPM using the spindle pulley max RPM, but when I goto say 500 RPM its off by 250rpm. I have a gut feeling that this PWM and mach3 just wont give an accurate reading. This is a big reason why I wanted to see the RPM on the Mach3 screen so that I know exactly what the RPM is. I guess I can ramp up the speed using the overide. I dont like the sound of doing that but may have to until I get my VFD WJ200 and my leeson 3 phz motor put on.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok I have to run to the store but I am going to try what you are suggesting! I will be back on in about an hour then try it. If it works I will dance the JIG!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

vfd will have the same issues, it took me half a day to figure how this works I had the same basic problems

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ballistic42 View Post
    Ok tried that and everything else under the sun and nothing seems to make it match. The good news though my RPM tach show on the Mach3 screen exactly what it is turning. If I tell it to run at 1000rpm why does it not! I see the RPM's fluctuate at different speeds, at 1000rpm the spindle is really turning 1250 + or - 3 RPM.
    Jeff... Jeff... Jeffffffffff....

Someone with a crystal ball told me you have not tried everything under the sun yet, once you try an encoder you won't look back.

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

I could do that but right now I am going to run with what I have unless I can come up with an easy way to mount one. Now Jeff, you know from our conversations in the past that no matter how long it takes, I will try if I can figure it out. Question, I am not going to do a BT30, I am sticking with the TTS as I have to many TTS tool holders to change. So is indexing the spindle a big deal? When I switch to the VFD and the Leeson 3 phase motor will I still need an encoder to get the correct RPM? My issue is I dont want to run my Gcode and then have to go back in to modify the code to fix the RPM. This is why I want this to work. Sure may be off 300rpm, not much but to me it is.

Downloads
    Uploads

Jeff,

Are you suggesting that the VFD is going to accurately report the motor r.p.m. to Mach3 and Mach3 is going to display the correct, accurate r.p.m in a totally linear fashion?

Please report back your methodology.

Jeff...

Last edited by jalessi; 01-24-2018 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Clarified Question
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

not at all just trying to match mach3 pwm output with speed controller so motor spins at a close speed to what mach3 commands

Downloads
    Uploads

Well as Sparkness just beat me to it...lol

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I found in this post ,a pgm to modify the linearity.dat file from a spreadsheet that will output voltages to match your setup But first you should be able to adjust speed through pulley setup

https://www.machsupport.com/forum/in...?topic=31386.0

Downloads
    Uploads

I read something about that as well, may have been the same topic. I saw where someone deleted the file and it comes back but still did not fix his problem. I am going to still try what you said a few post back and then will look at the linearity.dat file.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

one thought here , have you tried deleting the linearity.dat file? not to worry, mach will create a new clean one. In my case using that program was a pain in the ass to use because my values went to 24000 and the excell spreadsheet needed modification to use those values. it does work

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

you have a potentiometer on your c32 board its output does not have to be exactly set to10v, you can use to adjust this setup as well. In motor tuning, spindle velocity is where you can adjust output by lowering velocity and in spindle pulleys by adjusting max speed higher.

so hopefully out of the 3 choices you should be able to get this dialed in.You don't need to mess with the linearity.dat file but you should delete it so you are starting out fresh with a new clean one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123