New Machine Build CNC Lathe Conversion +Retaining Manual Control (G0752/G0602), wadeodesign - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CNC Lathe Conversion +Retaining Manual Control (G0752/G0602), wadeodesign

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Lathe Conversion +Retaining Manual Control (G0752/G0602), wadeodesign

Can you post pictures? You could retain manual control with a lathe using the MPG16:

https://cnc4pc.com/mpg16-cnc-lathe-panel.html

But you need a controller that will handle the lathe operations.

Arturo Duncan
    http://cnc4pc.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Lathe Conversion +Retaining Manual Control (G0752/G0602), wadeodesign

Wow this is an amazing project. What software did you use to create the CAD drawings. Are the CAD drawings available or for sale?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SmoggyTurnip View Post
    Wow this is an amazing project. What software did you use to create the CAD drawings. Are the CAD drawings available or for sale?
    Thanks. I use Siemens NX (UG for the old guys). The CAD files are available on my website for download and are in both parasolid and step formats so you can import into any cad.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've got an update to the 'manual' Arduino control for this lathe. THREADING!! I've had to move to an Arduino Mega due to storage space required and I've more than doubled the size of the program. At the moment I only have metric external programmed but now that this is coded it will be easy to add inch, internal, and even custom threads. Check out the youtube video below.
    Cheers
    WadeO

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another update. Added Profile function to the Arduino. Can do anything from simple chamfers to multi point profiles (no radii possible yet).

Next up will be simple Facing/Cutoff function.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12