Centroid Acorn now available and is the real deal. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Centroid Acorn now available and is the real deal.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Centroid Acorn now available and is the real deal.

Centroid has an active forum that offers tons of support . If that’s not enough, you can always pay for factory support by the hour. When I placed the order for my Acorn hardware I could have added an hour of factory phone support to my shopping cart. I think it was $90 per hour or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I would wait awhile before buying an acorn. My personal experience is enough you should wait until they get a bigger community going and a better support system. If you do know buy and if you have an issue that you chase it can suck away hours and hours in seeking help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Uguessedit View Post
    I would wait awhile before buying an acorn. My personal experience is enough you should wait until they get a bigger community going and a better support system. If you do know buy and if you have an issue that you chase it can suck away hours and hours in seeking help.
    Can you share what system you are personally using that has a better support system and doesn't suck away hours and hours seeking help if you're experiencing problems? Not trying to be argumentative; honestly I want to know what other system would be available so that if I personally have so much difficulty with my Acorns that I have to ditch them & move on to something better.

Milton in Tennessee ya'll!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DICKEYBIRD View Post
    Can you share what system you are personally using that has a better support system and doesn't suck away hours and hours seeking help if you're experiencing problems? Not trying to be argumentative; honestly I want to know what other system would be available so that if I personally have so much difficulty with my Acorns that I have to ditch them & move on to something better.
    I’m not going to discuss the details it just wasn’t my cup of tea. It’s a neat platform with some nice attributes on a beaglebone bob. I have two systems here, a mill pro still stirring in the box new and an $800 digitizing bundle plus a mpg and an hour prepaid tech support. None of which I plan to keep. I’m going to spend the extra money and get a true closed loop industrial controller and call it a day. In fact for what I paid on the digitizing bundle I can probably get into a nice industrial system. Most likely Camsoft.

Downloads
    Uploads

In fact for what I paid on the digitizing bundle I can probably get into a nice industrial system. Most likely Camsoft.
    Not many people discuss about Camsoft here ... its too expensive for experiment ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DICKEYBIRD View Post
    In retrospect, my question could be misunderstood as being somewhat negative concerning Centroid or the Acorn system. Nothing could be further from the truth. My experiences have all been extremely good with both the Acorn & the Centroid staff. Any problems I have had so far have all been self-induced.

Milton in Tennessee ya'll!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Uguessedit View Post
    I’m not going to discuss the details it just wasn’t my cup of tea. It’s a neat platform with some nice attributes on a beaglebone bob. I have two systems here, a mill pro still stirring in the box new and an $800 digitizing bundle plus a mpg and an hour prepaid tech support. None of which I plan to keep. I’m going to spend the extra money and get a true closed loop industrial controller and call it a day. In fact for what I paid on the digitizing bundle I can probably get into a nice industrial system. Most likely Camsoft.
    Good luck with Camsoft, LinuxCNC with a Mesa Board will do a better job and at a fraction of the cost

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was one of the first to purchase the Acorn as I did buy the Ultimate / Digitizing bundle and I can say there has not been one moment I've regretted buying it . Its a well designed cnc control system at a hobbyist price imho

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12