CNC parts/kits for PM25MV?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNC parts/kits for PM25MV?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC parts/kits for PM25MV?

Planned to buy a PM25MV instead of the G0704 based on belt drive and slightly bigger Y range than standard grizzly product with DRO. If I wanted to convert to CNC later are there parts and kits available? It looks like ArizonaVideo supplied kits for similar mills but is no longer doing it. I don't have the skills or time to do it all myself so at least need some finished parts.

Had a firm budget but I may have a bit of room on that. This will get mostly manual use but am rethinking if I could do CNC. What are my choices for ready to go CNC mills in this size? The one I know of is Tormach.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC parts/kits for PM25MV?

I still do them. Shipped one yesterday.

The Y range on the 25 and 704 is almost exactly the same.

youtube videos of the G0704 under the name arizonavideo99

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, but the G0759 which is the G0704 with DRO has less Y. The scales interfere. The G0704 can be extended with spacers which eliminates that negative so it comes down to other factors. Gear noise and breakage is an issue with the G0704 from what I have read. Also read that the PM25MV has a bit better/more consistent quality. I would be interested in hearing others thoughts on the comparison.

The DRO isn't really needed with CNC but I am not sure I will ever end up doing the CNC part. I have access to another machine CNC just not as convenient. Need something I can start using right away and most of the work will be manual modifications to existing parts.

Where do I find more info on your kits? Do you do a kit for the PM25MV? The reason I thought you had quit is that I found somewhere you saying you were out of kits and not selling more (or something like that).

Downloads
    Uploads

I might be interested in a kits as well. You have a web page with details on it?

Downloads
    Uploads

I try not to sell stuff here and I dont have a web page just pictures and direct sales.

New PM-25 by arizonavideo | Photobucket

I was going to do a quick blog on speeding up the belt drive but the front pulley has a rather large key slot so I could only take about .050" off the OD.

I could have gone a bit deeper but without being able to get much real speed change I decided it was better to leave it alone and plan on making a new motor pulley.

The fit on the shaft was really nice.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC parts/kits for PM25MV?-sany0076-jpg   CNC parts/kits for PM25MV?-sany0074-jpg   CNC parts/kits for PM25MV?-sany0079-jpg   CNC parts/kits for PM25MV?-sany0081-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

The key slot.

My top RPM went from 2500 to 2630.

For this mill I really don't do any work with small cutters so I plan on 4000 RPM. I have found that low had fairly good power for tapping so I might go 5000 RPM and move low speed up a little so I can get a nice finish face milling in low and run a 3/8" cutter in high and do some 3D things.

I just started to do some work on the stand. It vibrates more then I would like so I was going to build a new one. After looking at it a bit I decided to make a 5" cement top for the stand. Along the way I decided to add a column support. It is a rectangular box tube 3"x4" x1/4". I will start a little thread soon on it. Cost was low for the metal about $50

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC parts/kits for PM25MV?-sany0077-jpg   CNC parts/kits for PM25MV?-sany0083-jpg   CNC parts/kits for PM25MV?-sany0084-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Higher speed would be nice as I do have interest in using very small cutters on some projects. For those much higher speed would be great. Others have mounted a high speed spindle next to the main spindle. I have seen this on the G0704 - the PM25MV probably wouldn't be too different. The ones I saw used routers.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Arrizonavideo how did your concrete base turn out ?

Quote Originally Posted by arizonavideo View Post
    The key slot.

My top RPM went from 2500 to 2630.

For this mill I really don't do any work with small cutters so I plan on 4000 RPM. I have found that low had fairly good power for tapping so I might go 5000 RPM and move low speed up a little so I can get a nice finish face milling in low and run a 3/8" cutter in high and do some 3D things.

I just started to do some work on the stand. It vibrates more then I would like so I was going to build a new one. After looking at it a bit I decided to make a 5" cement top for the stand. Along the way I decided to add a column support. It is a rectangular box tube 3"x4" x1/4". I will start a little thread soon on it. Cost was low for the metal about $50

Downloads
    Uploads

It on the back burner right now. I have all the metal and they are cut but I started on a new stand for the IH mill. It is a bit different in that it has the front legs moved back 11.5"

This will allow for a chip basket right in front. To keep things stable the center of the stand is a hollow box that will get filled with sand.
    I'm almost done except for the feet, I have a backlog of PM-25 kits again so the 25 stand and the IH stand will have to wait.

Thanks for asking.
    Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Interested in pm25mv convertion kit, what is you email, ?
    What is the current kit price (2018) shipped to US. addres?
    the nema 23 shaft must be 3/8?

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought a CNC kit from Dave for my PM-25MV late last year and am very happy with it. Highly recommended!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am curious as to where I can get ball screw lengths for the pm25. I don’t need mounts etc just the screws and nuts. Are they the same as the G0704?? Thanx

Downloads
    Uploads

I would suggest seeing if you could purchase them off a guy like arizonavideo because he's worked out the best ones to get and I can't image any value in re-inventing the wheel or repeating mistakes others have made.

Downloads
    Uploads

Weird - this post went to the wrong thread.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC parts/kits for PM25MV?-motor1-jpg   CNC parts/kits for PM25MV?-motor2-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone. I am new to the site and need some sound advice. Sorry for the naïve questions but I have a PM25MV and would like to turn it CNC (although I have everything to discover about CNC). I am interested in the conversion kit produced by arizonavideo. Could anyone share some views on the other bits and pieces required for a whole set-up? Also any thoughts on this: https://www.automationtechnologiesin...rollers/Thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads

I think if you can buy the kit off ArizonaVideo, it would be a good bet. Trouble is, it seems to be a bit of a hobby and weeks can pass without a response. After wasting more than 2 months trying to buy some components, I decided to buy the automation technologies set of ball screws and make my own mounts.

The automation technologies screws were a big disappointment. Parts were hacked up (probably an angle grinder) and everything was full of metal shavings. While it may have been acceptable at diy-junkyard-builds.com, I expect parts sold on a machinists site should meet a minimum standard. The attached photos tell the story. I brought it to their attention a number of times but the problem was not addressed.

Despite difficulty with ArizonaVideo, I feel he would probably be the best source, as I think he takes enough pride in his products that they won't be like what I bought.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC parts/kits for PM25MV?-2018-04-10-10-19-51-jpg   CNC parts/kits for PM25MV?-2018-04-10-10-38-39-jpg   CNC parts/kits for PM25MV?-2018-04-10-10-34-07-jpg   CNC parts/kits for PM25MV?-2018-04-10-10-30-36-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by hackish View Post
    I think if you can buy the kit off ArizonaVideo, it would be a good bet. Trouble is, it seems to be a bit of a hobby and weeks can pass without a response. After wasting more than 2 months trying to buy some components, I decided to buy the automation technologies set of ball screws and make my own mounts.

The automation technologies screws were a big disappointment. Parts were hacked up (probably an angle grinder) and everything was full of metal shavings. While it may have been acceptable at diy-junkyard-builds.com, I expect parts sold on a machinists site should meet a minimum standard. The attached photos tell the story. I brought it to their attention a number of times but the problem was not addressed.

Despite difficulty with ArizonaVideo, I feel he would probably be the best source, as I think he takes enough pride in his products that they won't be like what I bought.
    Hi hackish: Sorry for this. Pls contact us, we will replace for the bad parts.

https://www.automationtechnologiesin...0-pm-25mv-kit/

Downloads
    Uploads

Sent you a PM about it that is very specific about all the things that fell short of expectations. Hopefully in the future I can post photos of a successful resolution.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just wanted to post a note that after having spoken on the phone with John from Automation Technologies, the problem is being resolved. Sometimes a set can sneak in there without meeting standards and I guess it was just bad luck. I'm happy that they find customer satisfaction important and the issues will be fixed.

-Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast