Need Help! Prolight 3000 lathe 5c collet closer

Thread: Prolight 3000 lathe 5c collet closer

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Prolight 3000 lathe 5c collet closer

Anyone out there have or have seen the 5c collet closer for these machines? I'm looking to either purchase one or copy someones/
    Thanks,
    Lloyd

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Prolight 3000 lathe 5c collet closer

Hello, I have the same lathe, but no collet closer. I have however seen pictures of one and it's nothing but a long pipe with a hand wheel on one end and threads on the other for a 5C collet. The pipe is passes through the spindle and at the end is the hand wheel to tighten the collet which presses up against the spindle when tightened. The only thing you have to figure out is the total length so the collets pull into the spindle correctly.

Making one has been on my list of things to do, but I just haven't found the time.

Good luck!
    Dale P.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Prolight 3000 lathe 5c collet closer-photo-59-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ibuildstuff4u View Post
    Making one has been on my list of things to do, but I just haven't found the time.
    Necrobump. Dale. Did you ever make one of these? I just purchased a 3000 and am also missing the collet closer.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi LloydCam,
    - I have two (2) Dyna Myte 3000 lathes.
    - One has a factory built pneumatic 5C collet opener/closer on it.
    - I plan on taking it off and reverse engineering it, and when I do - I will make a full set of drawings and post. (But trust me - I have a zillion projects in front of it - it won't be any time soon).

- My end game plan is to make the 5C collet Opener/Closer activated by relays, and operate that via Mach3. Basically this will give me a poor man's barfeeder. I'd like to additionally hook in a tachometer and make it a smart system, but will probably have to use an Arduino (or something similar) to handle the additional logic and I/O.

Joe

[url]www.CNC-Joe.com[/url]
    CNC Is Not Just My Passion.. It's My Addiction !!!!