Wiring 4 pin connectors for motors question

Thread: Wiring 4 pin connectors for motors question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wiring 4 pin connectors for motors question

Hey everyone,

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the states.

I am finishing up my electrical control cabinet, and I am at the point where I need to wire up my motor connectors permanently. I am using 4 pin motor connectors, and I am not clear how to attach my wires to the connector pins.

The male side looks pretty straight forward, I can just push the wire in and solder it and it should hold well, but I am not clear on the female side at all. I suppose I can solder it there too, but I am wondering if there is a better way to do it?

Here is a pic of both my male and female side where the wires connect. The male is on the left, and the female is on the right. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Wiring 4 pin connectors for motors question-photo-nov-27-9-55-00-jpg

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wiring 4 pin connectors for motors question

That is a different tab than I am used to but it doesnt appear to be a tab for a spade or similar . I say solder it. After doing a few of these cnc projects and desiring the coolest of connectors, I have found that if the BOB has screw terminals it is better to just push the wire thru a grommet and skip the additional connector. Once up and running there is no need to disconnect steppers, if you do have to, unscrew the 4 wires. Or unplug the Phoenix connector on the board (which wont fit thru the grommet btw).

A lazy man does it twice.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    That is a different tab than I am used to but it doesnt appear to be a tab for a spade or similar . I say solder it. After doing a few of these cnc projects and desiring the coolest of connectors, I have found that if the BOB has screw terminals it is better to just push the wire thru a grommet and skip the additional connector. Once up and running there is no need to disconnect steppers, if you do have to, unscrew the 4 wires. Or unplug the Phoenix connector on the board (which wont fit thru the grommet btw).
    Thanks, that is what I will do, just solder them.

Yeah, for the BOB I am just pushing the wire in and tightening, seems fine. I went a bit crazy with connectors for my terminal power strips, but I think they are warranted there.

I will post some pics of everything when I am done in my build thread.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have some like that and I soldered them. I just took a small piece of heatshrink and slide it up the wire before soldering, so then I can slide it down and shrink it in place. It makes for a very clean connection.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/RobertCowanDIY

Downloads
    Uploads

AVRnj - they are both classed as 'solder bucket' ... It's normal to push the wire though the hole to provide a more mechanical fit, but as in this case there is often not enough room to then solder over the wire and as cowanrg says fit heat shrink. over the top.

Lester Caine - G8HFL
    http://medw.co.uk - Home of electronics for the Model Engineer