Need Help! Emco F1 CNC mill school project - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Emco F1 CNC mill school project

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Emco F1 CNC mill school project

I have a problem with the output 1#. I wired it to a 10 v dc power supply to power a relay and it worked untill today. It just stopped working and ewerything else seems fine I tried the relay manualy and the spindle started to turn I tried to short wire the connector and the relay made contact so the only problem could be the controller or the mach3 but I checked the configuration in mach and it was fine. The power supply is from the old emco and its supposedly 10V DC but when I measured it it was 14V DC but that isnt enough to destroy the output. Maybe the power supply spiked when I turned it on or something?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jakar View Post
    I have a problem with the output 1#. I wired it to a 10 v dc power supply to power a relay and it worked untill today. It just stopped working and ewerything else seems fine I tried the relay manualy and the spindle started to turn I tried to short wire the connector and the relay made contact so the only problem could be the controller or the mach3 but I checked the configuration in mach and it was fine. The power supply is from the old emco and its supposedly 10V DC but when I measured it it was 14V DC but that isnt enough to destroy the output. Maybe the power supply spiked when I turned it on or something?

So now I've seen a few people wire a relay to their spindle to turn it on. I have to ask why?

On my MX3660 I just have the three wires (P1,P2,P3) from the motor controller wired to the EGND, +10v and 0~10v connector on the mx3660. It acts just like the manual pot. I understand the switch to reverse the motor. I've got no relays or external power supplies for the spindle control via mach.

The only issue I am having is that I get about a 1 sec pulse at the motor controller the spins the spindle for that sec and then it stops when I first power up the electronics.

Andrew

Downloads
    Uploads

Wiggles, do you use the charge pump feature? Or is there a charge pump in the MX3660 (there is I just looked at the manual). My understanding is this stops ANY outputs prior to Mach or other electronics being started or turned on.

A lazy man does it twice.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I dont know I just thought it was a good idea to do that. I thought it was necessary And so it wouldnt do what it does to you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    Wiggles, do you use the charge pump feature? Or is there a charge pump in the MX3660 (there is I just looked at the manual). My understanding is this stops ANY outputs prior to Mach or other electronics being started or turned on.
    Maybe? ( On the charge pump ) I am using the XML from cnc4pc . I tell you, I feel like such a noob with this stuff. But the ess seemed to fix the issue with all the motors stalling at once.

Where do I look for this? I may also have an issue with the kbmm-125 as I managed to make sparks while I was "bench testing" my electronics . Didn't realize the kbmm was still plugged in!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakar View Post
    I dont know I just thought it was a good idea to do that. I thought it was necessary And so it wouldnt do what it does to you.
    I'm not saying its a bad idea, just trying to figure out why it's being done and if it makes any difference.

Andrew

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would answer if i had a straight answer. I dont know why I just saw a change over switch in there an I thought that must be necessary and replaced it with a relay so I wouldnt have to turn it on by hand all the time. But hey its a school project the school finances it and I learned so why not.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is my wiring diagram. Emco F1 CNC mill school project-shema_emco-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello
    I'm having an EMCO f1 for client fix.
    We want to take advantage of only the original spindle system.
    Someone has the wire connections diagram from the 111000 board to the 11200 board.
    I am very grateful if you will help.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasfeil View Post
    Hello
    I'm having an EMCO f1 for client fix.
    We want to take advantage of only the original spindle system.
    Someone has the wire connections diagram from the 111000 board to the 11200 board.
    I am very grateful if you will help.
    Would love to help and I will do my best but I'm not shure if I can. Never actually got to finish that machine...

Downloads
    Uploads

What do you do with writing? I can’t be sure that nothing could be done to do it easier. I don’t like writing, and thus I would prefer to avoid it completely. So here is the question. I have heard that there is a couple of resource like essayshark reviews that could be relevant for this purposes. What do you think? I would say that I have no proof and want to get it. It sounds just perfectly nice and very convenient – explain to someone your topic and wait for the result.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345