New Machine Build Optimum BF20L CNC conversion using the Smooth Stepper - Page 39

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast

Thread: Optimum BF20L CNC conversion using the Smooth Stepper

Downloads
    Uploads

Watched it earlier...one heck of first try! Very nice was that hard to program?

Hurco KMB1 Build
    Wholesale Tool 3in1 conversion
    C-Constant
    N-Nonworking
    C-Contraption

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the kind words and no to be honest it's a pretty simple GCode far easier than I first thought and even though it's my now current pulley at a 1:1 ratio the pulley is far from perfect.......I didn't quite align my Y axis to my A axis zero degrees and so one side of the teeth had the wrong relief chamfer. .....

Eoin

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys anybody else having trouble uploading pics from Mobile android devices? I used to use my phone but just simply can't lately. ...

Eoin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default For the last two to three days CNCZone has been screwed up.

I believe they have those issues resolved now so if you spare still having issues something else might be going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Welder View Post
    Hey guys anybody else having trouble uploading pics from Mobile android devices? I used to use my phone but just simply can't lately. ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    I believe they have those issues resolved now so if you spare still having issues something else might be going on.
    well at least that answers why even uploading the pics in my last few posts were a hit and miss effort even from my PC......but still can't upload from my phone awhile ago..... hmmmmm...heaven forbid maybe my wife is correct "me and electronics just don't work....!"

Eoin

Downloads
    Uploads

finally finished my motor guard/cover, and I've followed in the Tormach's setup with a hinged door....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Optimum BF20L CNC conversion using the Smooth Stepper-2012-12-05-spindle-motor-door-png   Optimum BF20L CNC conversion using the Smooth Stepper-2012-12-03-21-14-30-png  
    Eoin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your machine looks great. I'm just getting started on my G0704 and threads like yours give me something to aspire to.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
    Your machine looks great. I'm just getting started on my G0704 and threads like yours give me something to aspire to.
    Thank you very much, and I must admit that the three phase motor is a wee bit (well ok then maybe a little bit more than a wee bit) oversized for the BF20 and with the motor cover in place it looks like Alf or ET has landed.......

Eoin

Downloads
    Uploads

Anybody else experiencing problems posting? I'm trying to post in another thread but keep getting a webpage stating .'Internal Server Error'

Eoin

Downloads
    Uploads

I tried two different L-Belt pulley configurations to increase my spindle RPM’s...one was a 20 tooth pulley (for the spindle), and the other was a 32 tooth pulley (for the motor), however in the attached pic the teeth look ok but I must admit that my machines "nod" (as I've read it referred to), or where my Z axis is not trammed correctly or exactly perpendicular to the "Y" axis, and so one side of the tooth’s relief angle in all the pulleys is incorrect...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Optimum BF20L CNC conversion using the Smooth Stepper-2012-12-13-23-28-14-png  
    Eoin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I'm not sure I follow.

I'm assuming you made the pulleys yourself. Are you implying the nod is so bad as to have a significant impact on your pulleys? If so I find that hard to believe as such an extreme error or nod would show up pretty significantly in surfacing cuts.

I'm wondering if you may have had a setup issue. Either that or I'm not following you at all as far as your description below.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Welder View Post
    I tried two different L-Belt pulley configurations to increase my spindle RPM’s...one was a 20 tooth pulley (for the spindle), and the other was a 32 tooth pulley (for the motor), however in the attached pic the teeth look ok but I must admit that my machines "nod" (as I've read it referred to), or where my Z axis is not trammed correctly or exactly perpendicular to the "Y" axis, and so one side of the tooth’s relief angle in all the pulleys is incorrect...

Downloads
    Uploads

Wizard, after thinking about the problem MW is having on the teeth and seeing his video. I would think 1 of 2 problems exist. If the spindle is not centered directly over the center of his arbor in the Y plane it would make the profile of the tooth more ramped on 1 side. The other hypothesis, I can't put into words yet.

A lazy man does it twice.

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast