Vacuum Plate

Thread: Vacuum Plate

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Vacuum Plate

I was looking around at vacuum table designs and realized that my machine table could be used as the lower half of the vacuum box and all I would need is a simple plate installed on top.

The T slots and end pockets of the table form the air channels needed instide the box.

Here is a video of what I made.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE-rCY7_vhI&feature=digest"]‪Making A Vacuum Plate‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

At the end of the video you can see the hose hooked up to the plate.

You might have to hit pause at the end of the video... I didn't put in a long enough delay.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here are a few pics of the plate and the first part I cut.

It worked well but the part pulled loose near the very end of the profile cut. The material was clear plastic that I was using for a test fit/cut before cutting some G10.

I drilled the suction holes to 1/8" so I could use small pins for alignment of parts if needed.

Almost forgot... I made the plate from PVC trim board

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vacuum Plate-photo-1-jpg   Vacuum Plate-photo-2-jpg   Vacuum Plate-photo-3-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice vacuum table idea..You are making Heli Frames Out of G10? Nasty Stuff

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I crash them often enough I figure I can pay for my CNC conversion in frame replacement cost!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey_Man View Post
    Nice vacuum table idea..You are making Heli Frames Out of G10? Nasty Stuff

Downloads
    Uploads

Kregan,
    Pretty nifty! What keeps the vacuum from being lost from all the open holes down the outside edge of the part (rows where pins are) ?

Richard

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Yeah man....

What skinman said and also where does one find the plans to make one of those. I have ALWAYS wanted an RC heli but they are so damn expensive and I am afraid I will buy one and crash it first thing. I would love to be able to make one on the CNC and then if I crash it I can just make another one... How much cash does it cost to buy everything you cannot make? Peace

Pete

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

First the holes... I left a few open so the vacuum was getting a little air over the motor. They could be covered with tape or paper.

What I ended up doing was drilling the holes first then using 2 screws to secure the part just to be on the safe side.

I plan on getting a vacuum pump to replace the shop vac for suction in the future.

As for the heli. If HobbyCity sells a trex 600 knock off for about 120 complete. But a 500 size is much less $$ but still big enough to see well.

I can post link later when I'm not on my phone.

Kelly
    www.finescale360.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

RC helis certainly aren't a cheap hobby. You will crash them, I personally hate rebuilding after a crash, almost as much as I enjoy the initial build.

I doubt you making parts would make it much cheaper, except to do things like replace damaged frames.
    Most of my crashes tend to break parts in the head most of which I think are cheaper to buy than the time involved in making them.
    The really expensive part of helis are the electronics and the motor most of which will survive all but really dramatic crashes.

Being able to make replacement frames is certainly a plus, but I doubt it drastically reduces the cost of ownership.