Grizzly's G0602 10x22 Lathe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly's G0602 10x22 Lathe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Grizzly's G0602 10x22 Lathe

Here is my story of my new lathe.
    First thing about the create, it looked like they made it right be for it showed up. It didn’t even have a scratch on it, let alone broken threw the bottom like others have posted pictures of. It was almost a shame to open it….almost.

Here is my web page if you want to look at my photo diary of the unpack. I didn’t take to many pictures of the tear down and clean up, SHMBO would not like her camera getting all messy.

CoB Machine - G0602 unpack

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Grizzly's G0602 10x22 Lathe-101_6861-jpg   Grizzly's G0602 10x22 Lathe-101_6829-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey this was very helpful - my G0602 is due to arrive on Tuesday so I know what I am in for! I hope they come earlier than 8pm - I have a Boy Scout meeting in the evening. Did they call to confirm delivery time?

I have to get mine downstairs through my basement bulkhead - that should be fun. Is that lift yours? That would be handy!

cheers,
    Michael

Reelsmith, Angling Historian, and Author of "The Reelsmith's Primer"
    www.EclecticAngler.com | www.ReelLinesPress.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The called and setup an appointment time of noon to 4. SHMBO was going to be home any way. They never came. I was happy to see them, even though it was late. To bad I had to stay up late to “inspect” it, lol. I have a pallet jack and a engine hoist. You have no idea how often I use them. If you can, get a friend to help…..it is challenging enough dealing with the weight, best to have help.

Last edited by cobmachine; 01-09-2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: wrong word

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So I changed my gear box oil. I need to come up with a way so it don’t go every where…

A few more pictures here
    CoB Machine - oil change

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Grizzly's G0602 10x22 Lathe-101_6900-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Some great deals on Phase 2 QRTPs at Enco. They have both the piston and wedge types for 50% off right now. These are sets that come with the post and 5 tool holders. I ordered the wedge version on Saturday and it will arrive tomorrow - along with my lathe.

cheers,
    Michael

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you tried to take the chuck off yet? That seems to be challenging for many.

bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got my Quick-Change Piston Type Lathe Tool Post and am going to make time this weekend to put it on, but I have to wait for the m14x1.5 tap. I hope MSC is faster then grizzly, lol. I have made a page that will have the full project on it, but it will have to wait for the weekend.

nothing on the page now but 2 pictures, will post more this weekend.
    CoB Machine - Tool post

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I did get my chuck off. It was 1 girly tap, and one with feeling and it came right off. Here is the line to the pictures of it all.

CoB Machine - chuck

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Grizzly's G0602 10x22 Lathe-101_6923-jpg   Grizzly's G0602 10x22 Lathe-101_6914-jpg   Grizzly's G0602 10x22 Lathe-101_6916-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

At the point where you lifted your lathe up on to the stand, do you think 2 guys could lift it and put it up?

My lathe is being delivered tomorrow - we are getting WACKED by this snow storm (15"+ and still coming down). I have lift gate service and I am trying to decide if I want it dropped in my garage or around back in front of my bulkhead down to the basement. Ultimately, it needs to get down there. I'm thinking about just keeping it crated and sliding it down the concrete stairs carefully. That's how I got my 14" bandsaw and Delta Unisaw down. The snow would add a little lubrication. Once it is in the basement, I need to get it up on my cart/stand. If I have it dropped in my garage, somehow it will have to get carried down in as small of pieces as possible.

Any recommendations?

regards,
    Michael

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well if your crate was like mine you could slide it down the steps with some help…from professional riggers of course.

Just so you know, it is really really heavy. If it was me, I would bring it to the garage and start parting it out.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Grizzly's G0602 10x22 Lathe-101_6833-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok thanks, that's exactly the info I needed. I'll stash it in the garage then. How heavy do you recon the heaviest part is once it is parted out?

regards,
    Michael

Downloads
    Uploads

See this thread, follow the link in post 1.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bencht...e_uncrate.html

bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Bob, I should have checked CR's site, I knew he had a G0602!

cheers,
    Michael

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's a serious job for two people down stairs even if you pull off a good bit. I used a dolly, a lot of straps, and I lowered it a step at a time while he steadied it from the side of the stairs. I sat my butt down to have the best leverage on it and just slid down a step at a time. No way would I attempt to drag the whole crate down there with all the accessories inside. We got it down with the apron still on it but everything else I could remove I did.

I picked up an inexpensive chain hoist/lifting straps and drilled a hole near the top of a floor joist and fed a chain through to hook the hoist onto. After we got it in the air he pushed it over the bench as I lowered and we landed it that way. I think some round parts of our anatomies might have popped out trying to lift that off the floor to the bench. My help informed me not to call back when it was time to move it out, beer or no beer.

CNC: Making incorrect parts and breaking stuff, faster and with greater precision.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, I can hardly wait

It is supposed to arrive in the next 3 hours. I've had a lot if success sliding things down 2x6 "ramps" on the concrete stairs. With a come-along behind to control the descent! This will probably be an excuse for me to pick up a chain hoist - especially since a HF just opened 12 miles away in November. I can hardly wait to have to deal with getting my G0704 down to the shop too! Nothing like big boy's toys!

cheers,
    Michael

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default QCTP

I got my QCTP plate milled and it on the lathe!!! It sure looks nice.

here is the link if you want to see all the pics.
    http://cobmachine.com/g0602/tool_post/admin

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Grizzly's G0602 10x22 Lathe-101_6967-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your link is dead.

Nice job on the website and continuous details.

Matt

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

CoB Machine - Tool post

sorry the link was from my side. this is the one for any one.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've been making chips with my 0602 for four months now.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Man this nice little lathe is serving me well. I have very few complaints about this little guy. The only thing that kind of sucks is changing the gears, but it is not to bad. I don’t like changing the belts for the speed either, lol.

Between work, G0704 CNC project and the actual work I do on the lathe for the product that I make and sell I don’t have time to make the improvements to this lathe….for now.

Here is the list
    3phase motor with VFD
    RPM readout
    CNC
    DRO
    DRO on the tail stock

Just a idea list for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast