Want to control your spindle with Mach3 but can't.. Maybe this helps. - Page 23

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223

Thread: Want to control your spindle with Mach3 but can't.. Maybe this helps.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Want to control your spindle with Mach3 but can't.. Maybe this helps.

Just 2 year to late to help these guys but may help for someone in the future

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Just 2 year to late to help these guys but may help for someone in the future
    Can this newer version be run using PWM input?

Update: i got an email answer on the above question. No, it doesnt have the capability of PWM input. But, the C11g BOB has an integral PWM to 0-10v analog output.

Can it be toggled back and forth between panel control and 0-10 analog control without punching in codes in the panel?

Last edited by ken226; 12-17-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ken226 View Post
    Can this newer version be run using PWM input?

Update: i got an email answer on the above question. No, it doesnt have the capability of PWM input. But, the C11g BOB has an integral PWM to 0-10v analog output.

Can it be toggled back and forth between panel control and 0-10 analog control without punching in codes in the panel?
    I've received and installed this new version. Apparently' to answer my own question, theres no quick way to toggle between panel control and mach 3 0-10v analog control.

I hav'nt made any chips with it yet as i just finished fabricating the mount and wiring it up yesterday.

Using panel control, it responds immediately to my hand pressure on the spindle. I can feel it add torque and maintains the same speed.

When under mach3 analog 0-10v control, hand pressure reduced the speed by about 75rpm.

I damaged my c3 pulse cards sensor while fabricating the bracket, so am running the 0-10v control completely open-loop.

On my next day off i'll test run it and take a few videos in panel mode, and in analog 0-10v mode using open-loop mach3 control.

Once the c3 sensor arrives, ill try a similar test in closed-loop mode and see how much, if any, the PID loop helps.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223