Problem with ballscrew?

Thread: Problem with ballscrew?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Problem with ballscrew?

Hi,
    I bought two HIWIN balscrews and asked seller to machine ends. I've put the long ballscrew (1,3m / 4 feet) into bearing blocks (BF12) and it is stable only in one position - as if you held banana at two ends (which I guess, means that it is either bent or machining is not concentric).

Here what's happens when I hand tighten the bearings (2x 7001A - DF cinfiguration). Bearing Block is moving in a circular fashion. When I press it down so that it cant move, ballscrew becomes hard to rotate

Problem with ballscrew?-img_20150612_082403-jpg

I know that it's not on a perfectly flat surface - is this the reason for it or it is the ballscrew?

I've also measured concentricity as shown on the picture below and TIR is around 0,1mm / 0.004" which, I guess, could also mean that bearings are not concentric.

Problem with ballscrew?-tir-support-end-jpg

Any ideas whats wrong?
    And, no I cant put it into gantry yet as i still don't have it :/

Best regards
    Bart