Need Help! mori seiki jr ball screw replacement

Thread: mori seiki jr ball screw replacement

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default mori seiki jr ball screw replacement

hi I have a 91 mori seiki jr on which I just replaced y axis ball screw but things did not go as planned cant run the machine in 100% rapid without the servo alarming out I guess there is a specific procedure that mori seiki uses to put ball screws back in?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, thrust side (motor side) bearing go in first. Check end play on screw at this point. Should be 0 and obviously bearings only go in one direction. Other side stretches the screw, there is a formula, but that machine should be about .0011. Che k run out of screw on both ends.

Sent from my G-Tab Quantum using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply I have the motor side bearings in with 0 play and nut on , I am not sure what you mean about the other side stretches the screw .0011 ,but that is probably what I am doing wrong. The way it is on now I tighten the back nut until the bearing play was gone (not very tight) . also I did not check the run out on eather side will do that to (note this is the first time doing this)

Downloads
    Uploads

Go tight. Not really user adjustable. Other end requires a ball bearing in the center mark, indicator, then tighten until you get .0011 stretch on the screw. That's for thermal displacement. Won't affect rapids. Did you check the ball nut height to the bottom of the table? That can make it bind up, so can bearings in backwards or the wrong bearings. Did the screw turn by hand smoothly with some resistance before attaching the ball but to the table?

Sent from my G-Tab Quantum using Tapatalk